Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC Pass 04/06/2019

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by Woods115, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    On the train back from Lympstone happy to answer any questions since i’ve got a long wait.

I might end up writing a Diary but to be honest there is a lot of good info on here that is a basic guide but no course will be completely the same.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SaffaGuy

SaffaGuy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    What options did they give you for starting training? Congrats man.

3. Ando-2

Ando-2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I’m confused about the point system, I know the required rep, do they start scoring points after that certain rep... so ie for the sit ups it’s minimum 60 Satisfaction is 70 and maximum is 85... do they start point scoring at 60?

4. Ando-2

Ando-2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Congrats on the pass too

5. SaffaGuy

SaffaGuy New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    PRMC Scores.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ando-2

Ando-2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Perfect thanks, I have been told if you don’t achieve say 60 sit ups you’ve failed is that true?

7. westy

westy Well-Known Member

The course isn’t just about points though mate, they look at the full package! Don’t forget, fitness is only one part of the PRMC

8. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    AFCO called me before I even got my certificate and asked when i want to go in, he said usually its around 3 weeks so i said either start of July or Mid July would be great.

9. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I think we had a lad who passed with something like 37 sit ups because he couldnt keep his knees together. He dug out on the rest of them to get through but I dont think they have minimums on sit ups and press ups but i would looking to be getting minimum 3 points in them before i went down.

10. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Completely true, before you know it the RMFA is the least of your worries and trying not to go to your knees on bottom field is all you can think about. I would be looking to get atleast 3 points on each scored aspect but some lads done better and worse at different things, i think a lad got 37 sit ups because he couldnt stay with the bleep but ended but passing because he dug out on the rest.

11. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    One thing I will say is the training team for the PRMC are good at what they do an 100% made me want my own green lid more than i ever did. They have to put up with stupid civvies like us week in week out teaching the basics over and over again which i can imagine can get pretty irritating if one week they get it the next they dont, so just listen to what they say an work as a team an you'll be sound.

The PTI stood out in particular he was a genuine good fella when he wasn't 'extra phys' you, we all had some good stories to tell from him afterwards while we were in the accommodation. I even got my own personalised artwork in my notebook from him when i went the bathroom before a lecture!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  12. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I saw him writing in that notebook and didn’t think it was his, so that’s what he was doing

• Like Like x 1
  13. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    RMFA and BFT scores? @Woods115 @Hodgo587

And when are you looking to get a RT start date @ Hodgo?

Well done both of you on the pass

14. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I got 11.9 bleep, 47 press, 67 sit, 10 pull ups. Then the BFT i done it in 9.35.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Oh and my AFCO called when we we’re doing the footfall thing from exeter uni. Think i’ll be back at CTC either start or mid july.

16. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Decent scores there mate, are you going to try and improve your scores in the time you have till you start rt?

17. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I got 12.7 on the bleep test, 11 pull ups, 9.05 return time on the 3 mile run and haven’t a clue about the sit ups and pulls ups to be honest, haven’t been in touch with my afco yet but I’m hopping to be in RT roughly around July as are most of the lads who passed I think.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. AngryArgie

AngryArgie Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Fair play buddy, good luck for recruit training in July then mate.