Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Featured PRMC PASS diary (2/4/19)

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by meltedbatteries, Apr 5, 2019.

1. meltedbatteries

meltedbatteries New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi all, I wanted to post a diary of my recent prmc as I have used this site before so thought it would be useful to help any lads who are also in the same boat. 43 lads started and 31 passed.

Day 1
    Arrived at CTCRM at about 2:00 whilst just waiting for the rest of the course to arrive as the majority came a little later than 2:00. Our first task was do fill in some forms and MAKE SURE they are all filled in correctly otherwise the corporals will give you burpees to do! We then drew the following kit and equipment out which we would need for the next few days: 1x duvet cover, pillow case and mattress cover, a pair of boots which we also had to polish, a water bottle, combat trousers, a jacket, a shirt and a pcs PT top. The first day was rather relaxed and is a good opportunity to get to know the other lads as they will most likely be in your troop if you are successful. In the evening you will go to scran, clean your accomodaition and other than that just get some sleep for tomorrow’s actives.

Day 2
    Get up at 5, shower shave and get ready for scran. When you get back to your accommodation, change into phys kit and get ready for the RMFA. We also did a bit of drill to let our food go down which was quite useful. When you make your way over to the gym get into your mind NOT to scratch, fidget, speak or mince around inside the gym. The PTI’s are like hawks and will pick anything up and you will be invited to do extra phys if they catch you so just be self disciplined. Our course was quite large so the VO2 MAX was split into 2 groups, I was in the first group and straight away we were underway. 10.5 is the criteria and unfortunately 1 lad didn’t meet this mark. After the second group finished their turn, we had to get the mats out and prep for press, sit and pull ups. Again, our group was exercising first, pretty straight forward on from here *text deleted*, just ensure your reps are perfect otherwise the PTIs will not count them and give you warnings.
    RMFA results:
    12.6 VO2
    45 Press ups
    55 Sit ups
    12 Pull ups
    After this we had scran and then got showered and changed for the BFT. The BFT is carried out just across the road from CTC on country roads which stink of sh*t! The first 1.5 miles is instructor lead so just keep with the pack and don’t try too hard because you still have the return 1.5! It also began hailing quite heavy which sucked but just have to crack on and grit your teeth.
    BFT: 9:08 return.
    After this you will then get back to the accom and shower for the swimming assessment. This is rather straight forward and was over pretty quick, just a jump off the board, breast stroke 2 lengths and retrieve the brick and you’re out. The rest of the day was down time so just stretch off and clean the accommodation spotless otherwise the training team will not be happy. Make sure you get a lot of scran down you ready for the Thursday because you will need it!

Day 3
    Normal routine, then get into PT top, combat jacket, combat trousers and boots ready for the bottom field. You will begin with a warm up and then make your way to the ropes to do the confidence test. The PTIs will demonstrate how to commando crawl over the rope then you will have a chance and then progress to a higher rope. It’s quite simple just keep composed and don’t fall! Now you will go through each obstacle in the assault course before your timed run. MAKE SURE you go through each obstacle correctly and with speed or else you will have to do it again! Then it’s off for your timed run, again don’t mess up or they will make you go round to re-do the obstacle which will just add to your time. Then the determination test.. this is was arguable the most arduous and difficult activities on the prmc. It consists of: crawls, carries, sprints and getting soaking wet. Do not wrap on this and just think it will eventually end! I think we only lost 1 or 2 lads on the bottom field and we had lost about 5 before the determination test began as they didn’t have enough points to remain on the course which was a bit unfortunate. After the bottom field you will have little time to shower and then get changed into combats, boots and your combat shirt ready for the endurance course. Make sure you eat a lot during this time to prep yourself for what’s to come. We took the coach down to the course which took about 15 minutes and as soon as you step off you’ll run down and get warmed up. Tips: make sure you stick your whole head fully submerged in peters pool otherwise you’ll have to do it multiple times, try your hardest on the ‘it pays to be a winner’ because you will be caught if you aren’t. Make sure you always keep moving if you’re standing still and don’t talk! On the carries and lifts you seriously just have to grit your teeth and crack on because at this point you will be extremely fatigued. Remember it does finally end. The sheep dip was simple just ensure you do it correctly. Eventually we came to the end when the PTI told us to pick up our water bottles and give our partner a piggy back, back to the coach. Enjoy the mars bar you’re given because it tastes like pure heaven haha! After we got back we showered and changed ready for a medical and pt brief.

Day 4
    This is the last day which is quite relaxed as there is no more physical activities. On this day you will just clean clean and clean. De-service all your kit and pack ready to leave. You will have another few briefs and a footfall test which is just walking and running down the corridor and have your legs and ankles assessed in case of any injuries you may pick up in training. You will go to the stores to pick up your boots make sure they fit! Finally we had a closing brief by the Sergeant who gave us all our certificates and we ended up leaving CTCRM about 12:00.

Sorry for the long diary, I’m sure I’ve missed out little details but that’s the most important things I could remember! Any questions I’ll be happy to answer cheers :)

• Like Like x 9
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Good effort. Many thanks for the diary & best of luck in Recruit Training - please keep the feedback coming!

• Like Like x 2
  3. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Congrats on the pass!
    Did you guys do a corp knowledge test? I'm trying to figure out if they've taken it out of the testing, as the last few people on here say they didn't do one!

• Like Like x 1
  4. meltedbatteries

meltedbatteries New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    No our prmc didn’t do the corps history test neither the interview. I believe they have removed it from the prmc

• Like Like x 1
  5. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Well done!