Featured PRMC PASS DIARY 30th May -2nd June

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by Mas93, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Mas93

Mas93 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Morning all,

After a couple of physically demanding days and a lot of digging deep I'm chuffed to say I passed this weeks PRMC with 13 other top notch lads.

I used this forum plenty before i left so i thought id add my own diary just to help those that are set to be making their way down to CTCRM.

Day 1:
    Arrive at CTCRM with 12 other lads on the train from Exeter St Davids. We all got chatting as it was fairly obvious where we were all heading. The massive suitcases and cleanly shaven faces were the biggest give away. Once we arrived at CTCRM we were met by our Corpral who then showed us to our rooms. We were then instructed to find some boots that fit us and start polishing them up. First day is a chill out lads. Couple of briefings then into your pits for the night.

Day 2:
    Woke up at 5am, cleaned the room and the block then straight into *text deleted*, shaving and showering then over to breakfast for 6am. We then had a couple of hours to which in this time we had a small introduction into drill.

After drill, straight into the BFT. If you have trained for it lads you will be fine. Its very straightforward. Following the BFT you will go and do the Corps history quiz. Finish that then off to Lunch.

After Lunch you get changed then get into you phys kit and head over to the gym for the RMFA. All i can say for this boys is just do all your training to the beep. Train to have emaculate form because they will pull you off if you are seen to be not doing the exercises correctly. During your training before PRMC i would definitely suggest training quality over quantity reps. Running order, Bleep test, Push ups, Sit ups then pull ups. Once everyone has completed we made our way to the swimming pool for our assessment. Very simple boys, jump off the diving board. Breaststroke 2 lengths and then you do youe duck dive to collect the brick. Thats it.

Rest of the day was briefings and admin.

Day 3.

This day chaps was far from easy. Same routine in the morning, up clean the block etc then we make our way down to the bottom field for the confidence test. The warm up itself was definitely enough to get your heart rate going. Confidence test was easy enough lads, run along the beam and punch into the net.

We then were shown each element to the obstacle course and given a chance to practice is once. After being shown we then completed our timed run of it. All in all its actually pretty fun!

Once we had all finished it then started to get tough. Human body drags were difficult lads. I would definitely suggest getting some practice in before coming down. Lots of the boys felt the strain on this point.

Key training points for bottom field:

* Lepoard crawls into sprints then back down to lepoard crawls.
    * Very steep hill sprints
    * Bunny hops up steep hills
    *bear crawls.
    * Finally sprinting up hills then going straight into a set of 10 push ups 10 squats 10 burpees.

*Try and train at the highest intensity possible lads because it is tough.

We finished bottom field to the relief of the boys after a few *pays to be winner* hill sprints.
    Back to the accomadation for showering and eating.

Couple of hours rest lads then onto the endurance course. ( in your down time i would strongly recommend taking the time to stretch your legs out)

Endurance course was tough. This is really all about how much you want to pass and how willing you are to dig deep, grit your teeth and get on with it. This is the chance to show your aggression.

My biggest training point for thos Would have to be leg endurance.

Work on making sure you have nice strong legs.

* Hill sprints
    * if you can start practicing bear walking, bunny hopping and lepoard crawling. 100m at a time. Start getting your body used to it.

The endurance course is all in your head. My legs were cramping, had cuts bruises and knocks everywhere but there was no way my hand was going up and asking to be withdrawn. Just remember it comes to an end. The harder your group works together and shows
    the training team your determination. The easier it will become.

Sorry for the essay gents but i wanted to include as much as possible. But what a feeling it is knowing ive passed this test.

14/ 23 passed this weeks PRMC.

Final note; I just want to take my hat off to everyone that has passed and also attempted the PRMC. Credit to you all for your independent hard work to be able to pass this course! Well done and good luck.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  2. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Congratulations to you. Well done!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OldmanL

OldmanL Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    What scores did you get on everything mate ? and your time on the obstacle course ? cracking diary ! The journey home must feel amazing after passing !

4. Mas93

Mas93 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I got

09:09 on the BFT
    11.7 or 11.8 on the bleep test. Cant remember haha
    50 push ups.
    55 sit ups. Got pulled off due to my knees slightly opening up.
    8 pull ups.

Wasnt told our assault course time mate!

Feels awesome on my way home mate. Real sense of achievement.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Rob20

Rob20 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Well done mate. Excellent effort. What was your training plan like prior to PRMC?

• Like Like x 1
  6. OldmanL

OldmanL Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    ^ what he said ! Do you have an idea of when RT will start ?

7. Mas93

Mas93 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Training before hand was quite varied *text deleted*. Ive been doing all sorts to improve. In feb I wasnt the greatest of runners so i started training to focus on that.

3 sessions a week.

1 sprint session l - 400m / 800m working on my time

A 4 mile hilly run

And a 8 mile cross country run.

I found that improved my fitness massively.

4 weeks ago i took time off work and set out a 4 week plan focusing on training twice a day.

This was split between doing circuit training/ runs and then practicing sets of my body weight exercises. And also park circuits. The park circuits were to try and re create the bottom field. Last thing i wanted to do was turn up under prepared.

What i would say, even if you think you are good in a particular area. Still practice practice practice because it will always be harder on the day.

I also wish i incorporated more hill sprints rather than hilly runs.

• Like Like x 2