PRMC Pass Marks

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Am i right in beleving that the pass mark for PRMC is 18+? and that each yest is marked out of 6? Ie if you get 6 pulls ups done then you recive 6 marks for it same as if you max out on the bleep test you will recive 6 marks again. Am i on the right lines? if so can you tell me a brake down of scores, probs someone that has done prmc IE 70-80 sit ups = 5 marks 80+ = 6

Following?

dean2000cc

Reaction score
lord_carl said:
Am i right in beleving that the pass mark for PRMC is 18+? and that each yest is marked out of 6? Ie if you get 6 pulls ups done then you recive 6 marks for it same as if you max out on the bleep test you will recive 6 marks again. Am i on the right lines? if so can you tell me a brake down of scores, probs someone that has done prmc IE 70-80 sit ups = 5 marks 80+ = 6

Following?

I was told on my PRMC it's all a load of crap (points scoring system). Sgt Maj said he's seen what people say on websites and also said you shouldn't aim for a target but go all out.

Just do your best thats all they ask and it's all you can do. I know everyone gets that feeling "what if" and you want to pass but you'll know what to do when your looking at a blue mat/wodden beam and a P.T.I is telling you to standby.

There is a points scoring system but they will only say do your best to gain the best points and it's points on everything you do at PRMC.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As already stated, there is a points scheme, but the fact is that even if you score high in one discipline and fail to reach the minimum standard in another, you will still fail.

Overall points don't really count as you must reach the "pass" criteria in each section. It's no good doing 80 sit ups, 60 press-ups & six pull-ups if you fail to complete the 1.5 mile "run-back" on the 3 mile run in under 10 mins 30 secs or are not very good at the at the VO2 Max (bleep test) etc,.

Good luck.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
So do you think that someone could get a higher score without putting much effort in, but someone who put max effort in and still acheived a low score, would be looked on just a favourably?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There is a pass fail criteria, regardless.

Maximum effort, but failing to reach the minimum standards is, I'm afraid , of no use.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
There was a guy on my first prmc that got to level 11.8 on the bleep test, cracked out 45 puch ups and around 60 press ups.

They failed him because he just stopped during the exercises, he wasn't exhausted and they said although he achieved the minimum he showed that he didn't have it in him to push himself. He did have an attitude problem as far as some of the lads were concerned as well, lack of respect to civvy staff in the galley.

I've seen some guys get through with some low scores but were nearly unconscious before they'd given up. That's what they to see, it gives them something to build on in RT.

Regards GW

the_robmeister

Reaction score
So what are the minimum pass marks on each of the tests? I thought i read them somewhere once but what i read was quite low :?:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's always a worry when someone wants to know the minimum requirements!

There are four main physical assessments on the PRMC. Remember when you are training that these 4 activities come in quick succession, as do the 4 tests that make up Gym Test 1. This means you will be tired before you start most of the assessments. Train accordingly, especially using the Gym Test 1 exercise techniques detailed below. The four physical assessments are as follows:

3 mile run: This is the first physical test of Day 1. The 3 mile run is split into 2 parts. The first 1.5 mile is run as a squad in a time of 12 min 30 sec. The second 1.5 mile is conducted as a best effort timed run - you will be expected to complete this 1.5 mile in as quick a time as you possibly can. Any one taking longer than 10 min 30 sec will fail the course. Remember all physical activities on the PRMC commence with an appropriate warm up - train accordingly.

Gym Test 1: The next physical test is on the afternoon of Day 1. You will move to the gymnasium to undertake Gym Test 1. To begin with, the Physical Training Staff will brief you on the way you will be expected to conduct yourself during the RMFA. You will then begin the Assessment, which consists of the following:

Progressive Shuttle Run (the ‘Bleep’ Test) - You will run between 2 lines, 20 metres apart, at a pace dictated by bleeps, beginning at ‘level 1’. Each level has several ‘shuttles’ at the same pace and the pace quickens at the start of each new level. The first few levels serve as the warm-up for the Shuttle Run itself. Take care to wear non-slip trainers to aid turning at the end of each shuttle. Your target is to achieve Level 13.

Press-up Test – The duration of the test is 2 minutes, 60 press-ups is your target. The body must be kept straight at all times, the chest will be lowered to meet another candidate’s fist, you must then fully lock out the arms on the upward motion. Your hands will be shoulder width apart and your elbows must be kept into your side. Poor form will result in you being stopped.

Sit-up Test – Once again the test will last for 2 minutes, 80 sit-ups is your target. Your feet will be held by a partner, your fingers must stay in contact with your temples and your elbows must make contact with the mat on the rearward motion and come up to touch the knees on the upward motion, your knees must be kept together. Poor form will result in you being stopped.

Pull-up Test – This exercise will be carried out on a wooden beam, 6 pull-ups is your target. You will adopt an “overhand grasp” your body will hang straight and then be pulled up until your chin is over the beam. The exercise will be done to the commands of “bend and stretch” - this is to ensure strictness and prevent the use of momentum, you will be told to “drop off” if you do not stay in time.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
Thanks for all that Ninja.
Dont worry, im not aiming to just hit the minimum, i will give everythingi have. Its just i have my PRMC coming up soon and naturally im starting to get nervous and worrying i wont be up to scratch, therefore its nice to know that if i mess up on a test that as long as i hit the minimum i will still pass.

I know what the max scores are but alot of people who post up PRMC diaries dont come close to these and still pass, so would be interested to know where the point is where your dont do enough and fail
:*text deleted*:

rogue royal

Royal Marine Commando
Reaction score
Ditto Ninja,

When I went down to Lympstone for my prc now prmc I did not even think about what was ahead of me i.e fitness tests, all I knew was that I wanted to be a marine and nothing would be second best.

I knew that I wanted to get it cracked the first time and so I told myself that all I had to do was dig out blind for three days and hopefully the training team would see a qualities in myself that they could work with.

No one is saying that applying for the Royal Marines is a walk in the park and if any body thinks that it is then choose a different career.

from the start of your initial enquiery process to the start of your prmc continuing on to RT and on passing out it has all been hard work but it does not stop there, you have been trained to a very high standard and will continue to be, there is no let up, you will continue to be tested to the best of your ability and your physical and mental strength will be pushed.

so get prepared not just for your prmc but for the rest of your life in a green beret for the chosen ones out there.

dean2000cc

Reaction score
By the way, if you can't do 2 pull up's on Gym Test 1, they won't let you continue to bottom field the next day.

The next day, we were shown how to do the high ropes on bottom field, the senior P.T.I said "this is why you need to be able to do more than 2 pull up's in the gym".

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
100%

Obviously there are scores that you need to reach, but just as importantly, they want to see people who dig out blind and give 100%. That's why they arn't impressed when they see someone finding the fizz easy, without even trying. Literally, they arn't giving their all.

You do need to work hard on your upper body strength. However, that said, if your climbing technique is right, most of the work would be done by your legs.

To be sure: If your weakness is pullups, then you need to work hard to improve them because its a long walk home if you don't make the bottom field. :?

Cheers

Steve

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
18 ? oh :? when i done my PRMC i think i got 19 and still failed. If thats the case, then :twisted:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
As already stated, there is a points scheme, but the fact is that even if you score high in one discipline and fail to reach the minimum standard in another, you will still fail.

hazholmes

Reaction score
Forget failing.

Even if you fail marginally, 18-19 points, whatever the cut-off is, the SM will de-bried you if you fail and invite you back next month if you were a narrow fail. Only speaking from personal experience and speaking to some of the lads from my PRMC (july.)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's unusual to be allowed to revisit PRMC within a month of failing. Not that it hasn't happened, but minimum is usually 3 months, if you are already fit.

MIKESW

Reaction score
Min Amount Of Pressups, Pullups Etc.. To Pass For Rm

does Anyone Know What The Pass Level Is For The Prmc, When Been Tested On Pull-ups, Sit-up, Press-ups & 3 Mile Run?

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
there is no deffiant pass levels mate, they say for press-ups 20-60 shud be aiming for 60 situps 30-80 shud be aiming for 80 pullups 3-6 should be aiming for 6, bleep test level 13 but should aim roughtly for 11 i would say not too sure on that 1, 3 mile run 1.5 miles is ran as a troop in 12.30 mins and then best effort back, should really be aiming for under 10 mins to avoid been put on border level right at beginning. But im not been funny here mate but why ask what minimum pass rates for each upper-body exercise is? you should be aiming for the maximum and not to go down to CTCRM thinking i can reach the minimum amount or just above so i should be good enough to get in , it wnt work like that they'll want 100% all the time. but then again i could be misleading the question as you could be just curious which in that case i am sorry. also you need the right mind and attitude from what i have heard if you get down there and show cockiness and arrogance and poor soical skills ie. not been able to listen and follow simple commands but can reach good scores on all the tests then they most probs won't pass you and if they did they would with out a doubt weed you out in training. just fault id let you know that its not all about been able to do the physical side well but the taking command side aswell if you get what i mean thanks!

chris*

Reaction score
I think on the bleep test if you do well on your physcometric exams you only need to reach level 10, if you do poorly then you need to prove your determination and reach level 11 maybe someone else can verify?