PRMC pass transferable to RMR?

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by ResilientRich, Sep 16, 2016.

1. ResilientRich

ResilientRich New Member

If you pass PRMC and decide Regular training is not for you, can you ask for a transfer into a Reservist spot with that PRMC?

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

If it's still valid, it's down to the regional unit whether they are prepared to accept it or require a PRMRC. A PRMRC pass is not accepted for a regular service recruit, but unless it was taken a while ago and lots of pies have been consumed in the interim, I'd imagine it's accepted RM to RMR.

3. Billyboy114

Billyboy114 New Member

If the RMR troop you want to join has just completed a PRMRC and you missed it *text deleted* seen guys get loaded onto training no problem (as long as they haven't done induction weekend yet). However if there's a PRMCR coming up and you want to join the next troop then I'm sure the unit would want you to do it again and not just use your regs PRMC as a free pass.

Also as Ninja said you've got to consider how long ago you passed PRMC - normally they are valid for 12 months (last I heard), but if you rock up at an RMR unit saying you've passed PRMC 11 months ago they will make you do PRMRC!

4. ResilientRich

ResilientRich New Member

It was last month guys :) Cheers for the answers!