Prmc pass

roadrunner20

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Afternoon all, won't go into detail as couldn't do it justice.
We were first batch of new prmc system /old system

Awaiting call from AFCO for official results but I'll post what I think I got and il try answer any questions.

41 on course, 18passed I believe.

Run came 11th,although about 3 of us came ploughing in together.

Bleep test 12.2
Press ups 56
Situps 85
Pull ups 12
Just a note here, bleep test took a heavy toll, I'd really suggest lads work on getting a high score before coming down as many got caught out.
Highest score was 14 by a chap so he smashed it.

redman

Reaction score
Well done roadrunner , apart from the bleep test what did people mostly fail on?

john simpson

Reaction score
Afternoon all, won't go into detail as couldn't do it justice.
We were first batch of new prmc system /old system

Awaiting call from AFCO for official results but I'll post what I think I got and il try answer any questions.

41 on course, 18passed I believe.

Run came 11th,although about 3 of us came ploughing in together.

Bleep test 12.2
Press ups 56
Situps 85
Pull ups 12
Just a note here, bleep test took a heavy toll, I'd really suggest lads work on getting a high score before coming down as many got caught out.
Highest score was 14 by a chap so he smashed it.
Well done mate! Were your scores a clear pass or just scraping a pass mark? cheers

roadrunner20

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thank you all,
Until get report from AFCO I guess I won't know exact details but I felt I did well and kept top of pack throughout course.

All gym tests are done to bleep, so simple there.

Most dropped on bleep test and a couple got poor scores on pressups and sit ups then couldn't get min pull ups required to stay.

Day 2 we had around 23 left, then that dwindled down due to Endurance course, hare and hounds race which I may add was a gut buster.

Ow yer practice crawling and duck jumps and if possible drags as bottom field was a love feast of them.

Ruan

Reaction score
have you got a RT start date? if not plz let us know as soon as you do?

Léngth

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well done, I was in getting new boots as you guys were getting your Haix, thought it didn't look like many passed!

oJNAo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do you know what most of the other lads got on press ups?

Well done *text deleted*!

roadrunner20

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well done, I was in getting new boots as you guys were getting your Haix, thought it didn't look like many passed!
Funny that, although annoying that the boots you get given after prmc you never exercise in.

With regard to recruit training date,i'm personally going to get everything squared away at home as want to focus on being a royal marine nothing else, with this in mind around may/end of may i'm looking for.

On other scores, like i said one guy got top marks on bleep test and also press ups so hats off to him, along with a few others like myself maxing out on one or the other.

I was never hitting above 30 press ups( to beep) and 50 sit ups before coming down, saying this when your there and your opposite number gets x you always aim for x +10 ;)

Léngth

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I only ever wear hiax now if my Altbergs are wet after bottom field or exercise, you'll quickly learn that Altbergs are far superior in almost every way!

JohnDoe

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I only ever wear hiax now if my Altbergs are wet after bottom field or exercise, you'll quickly learn that Altbergs are far superior in almost every way!
Which altbergs do you get given?

oJNAo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
On other scores, like i said one guy got top marks on bleep test and also press ups so hats off to him, along with a few others like myself maxing out on one or the other.

I was never hitting above 30 press ups( to beep) and 50 sit ups before coming down, saying this when your there and your opposite number gets x you always aim for x +10 ;)
Cheers for the advice! Do they still take reps off if they deem them bad form?

Wooden

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How was the pull-ups done on the beam or on a bar?

Wooden

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do they allow any strapping or support whilst on training? If n e one mnows

pushkick

Reaction score
The Picture above is not true reflection of the current standards required. I Passed prmc last week, and pull ups must be completed with legs straight, knees and ankles together at all times during the exercise, or you will be told to drop off. Just a heads up so lads can practice the actual strict form that is required. Less than 3 is immediate fail of prmc