PRMC Passed, any questions feel free?

RunningFree09

Reaction score
First thing First! Big shout out and thanks to @Ninja_Stoker for the words of wisdom in relation to the PMU decision and the appeal procedure, much appreciated!

So yesterday I returned from CTC after passing the PRMC.

Any questions lads about PRMC then feel free to fire them off at me!

Going to try and post a diary of the time there and to go into details about certain things but I'm back from CTC and straight back to work over the weekend so may take a couple days.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Top effort, well done.

As ever the credit is entirely down to the preparation undertaken by the individual, be it heeding the advice with regard undertaking a medical appeal or following the physical training advice.

It really lifts the spirits when people achieve their goal and take the time to give others the benefit of their experience.

Best of luck in recruit training!

lkw07

Reaction score
Well done

Any advice for day 3 or a little run down on what it was like would be great as I’ve got mine soon

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ANy extra items not on the kit list you took?
Best place to buy yellow boot dusters?
Anything that made your life ‘easier’ while down at ctc?
What were your scores before prmc and at prmc if yu know them?

Lastly good effort and best of luck with your training before RT!

RunningFree09

Reaction score
What was you’re score mate? @RunningFree09

No idea what my total points score were mate in all honesty, haven't received that feedback yet! But this is what I got for each test;

Bft: 8.02
RMFA: VO2 MAX- 13.2
PU- 47
SU- 62
PU- 13
Assault Course: 3.09

Top effort, well done.

As ever the credit is entirely down to the preparation undertaken by the individual, be it heeding the advice with regard undertaking a medical appeal or following the physical training advice.

It really lifts the spirits when people achieve their goal and take the time to give others the benefit of their experience.

Best of luck in recruit training!

Thanks ninja, but the advice was sound and I cannot fault it! The advice on here is second to none so it's always good to give back where you have taken and I will continue to do so!

Well done

Any advice for day 3 or a little run down on what it was like would be great as I’ve got mine soon

Main advice: keep putting one foot in front of the other and do not *text deleted*ing let up, if you do IT WILL make your life even harder. As our course Corporal said to us, don't make this assessment any harder than it already is.

A rough outline of Day 3:

Wake up, shower, clean and Scran.

For about 08.00 you will be marched down to the bottom field.

There will be a warm up that's pretty intense but it's nothing massive.

First thing... punch through the net. Follow the instructions and demo given and repeat. Walk, run and sprint of the plank, jump and punch through the net... simple.

Then move straight onto the assault course.
Assault course is also very simple, watch the demos and copy exactly, if you don't follow the demo given you will be made to do the obstacle again and again until you get it right. Again max effort throughout, you only get one timed run so blast it all the way round. Balance your speed with your endurance.

Bottom field, was horrendous! If you haven't practiced doing bunny hops, start! I don't mean for 5-10 metres, I mean for 400-500 metres. The PTI will tell you to get to a point, once your at that point, he will keep moving away from you until he cannot go any further, ie there is a fence in the way. After 3 spouts of bunny hops throughout the determination tests I could not move my legs properly, they were screaming. You find out just how much you want it during this phase, it's called a determination test for a reason!! A lot of carries, burpies, pressups and squats mixed in with it pays to be a winner. Just keep pushing forward and do not quit. If your course are a bunch of slackers it will last longer... trust me.

Endurance course is exactly what it says on the tin. Your cold, wet and covered in the most foul smelling mud you could possibly imagine. Your only saving grace is that, for me anyway, the constant exposure to cold water removed the cramp and stiffness from my legs! But it only made it worse for some people!!
Remember, it will end at some point but you have to keep up and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
We had one lad wrap at the last 300 metre mark... *text deleted*!!
I will write a more detailed account when i can but on the diary page of the forums chap.

ANy extra items not on the kit list you took?
Best place to buy yellow boot dusters?
Anything that made your life ‘easier’ while down at ctc?
What were your scores before prmc and at prmc if yu know them?

Lastly good effort and best of luck with your training before RT!

An extra towel, just in case. But not really that made my life easier... apart from maybe a 2 in 1 shower gel and shampoo type thing... the showers are sh*text deleted*!! And you have very little time in which to shower.

Didn't touch my yellow dusters while on PRMC, if you notice on the kit list given they are listed no where near the boot cleaning kit items. They are not for boot polishing. They are for cleaning your grots with mate so it doesn't really matter in all honesty, but that was my course might be different for yours so make sure you take them just in case!!

My scores where not that different from training to be fair with you mate, however train your CV properly, hill sprints are a must! And make sure you train RMFA tests to the exact standard, form and speed. Downloading the beeps for all test really helped me stay in form.

Thanks man much appreciated.

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No idea what my total points score were mate in all honesty, haven't received that feedback yet! But this is what I got for each test;

Bft: 8.02
RMFA: VO2 MAX- 13.2
PU- 47
SU- 62
PU- 13
Assault Course: 3.09

Thanks ninja, but the advice was sound and I cannot fault it! The advice on here is second to none so it's always good to give back where you have taken and I will continue to do so!

Main advice: keep putting one foot in front of the other and do not *text deleted*ing let up, if you do IT WILL make your life even harder. As our course Corporal said to us, don't make this assessment any harder than it already is.

A rough outline of Day 3:

Wake up, shower, clean and Scran.

For about 08.00 you will be marched down to the bottom field.

There will be a warm up that's pretty intense but it's nothing massive.

First thing... punch through the net. Follow the instructions and demo given and repeat. Walk, run and sprint of the plank, jump and punch through the net... simple.

Then move straight onto the assault course.
Assault course is also very simple, watch the demos and copy exactly, if you don't follow the demo given you will be made to do the obstacle again and again until you get it right. Again max effort throughout, you only get one timed run so blast it all the way round. Balance your speed with your endurance.

Bottom field, was horrendous! If you haven't practiced doing bunny hops, start! I don't mean for 5-10 metres, I mean for 400-500 metres. The PTI will tell you to get to a point, once your at that point, he will keep moving away from you until he cannot go any further, ie there is a fence in the way. After 3 spouts of bunny hops throughout the determination tests I could not move my legs properly, they were screaming. You find out just how much you want it during this phase, it's called a determination test for a reason!! A lot of carries, burpies, pressups and squats mixed in with it pays to be a winner. Just keep pushing forward and do not quit. If your course are a bunch of slackers it will last longer... trust me.

Endurance course is exactly what it says on the tin. Your cold, wet and covered in the most foul smelling mud you could possibly imagine. Your only saving grace is that, for me anyway, the constant exposure to cold water removed the cramp and stiffness from my legs! But it only made it worse for some people!!
Remember, it will end at some point but you have to keep up and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
We had one lad wrap at the last 300 metre mark... *text deleted*!!
I will write a more detailed account when i can but on the diary page of the forums chap.

An extra towel, just in case. But not really that made my life easier... apart from maybe a 2 in 1 shower gel and shampoo type thing... the showers are sh*text deleted*!! And you have very little time in which to shower.

Didn't touch my yellow dusters while on PRMC, if you notice on the kit list given they are listed no where near the boot cleaning kit items. They are not for boot polishing. They are for cleaning your grots with mate so it doesn't really matter in all honesty, but that was my course might be different for yours so make sure you take them just in case!!

My scores where not that different from training to be fair with you mate, however train your CV properly, hill sprints are a must! And make sure you train RMFA tests to the exact standard, form and speed. Downloading the beeps for all test really helped me stay in form.

Thanks man much appreciated.

Cheers! Where did you download the bleeps from? I know they’re on YouTube but without signal I cannot do it to the beep?

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers! Where did you download the bleeps from? I know they’re on YouTube but without signal I cannot do it to the beep?

Download an app called "Tubidy" onto your phone. It basically allows you to download and watch/listen to anything found on YouTube without a wifi signal

RunningFree09

Reaction score
@RunningFree09 awesome scores mate, when do you start RT?

Thanks man! Waiting for confirmation from AFCO but hopefully end of November.

Seags98 is on it, just search Google for free youtube downloaders and there are plenty mate.

Pedders

Reaction score
What was the medical appeal about fella If you don't mind me asking? Congrats on the pass mate.

RunningFree09

Reaction score
What was the medical appeal about fella If you don't mind me asking? Congrats on the pass mate.

Yeh man no worries. A few years (4-5) ago I had something called pretellar bursitis or housemaids knee haha from a bad accident I had, basically it's an infection on the front of the knee cap. I had surgery to remove a bursa, which is small sack of fluid just above the knee cap and then had physio to re stregthen my knee.

BOOM!! instant PMU according to Capita personnel.

Appealed, sent a training programme and MRI scan to the Navy medical board to prove my knee was fine and there was no structural problems with it.

PMU lifted, cracked on with the process mate.

Pedders

Reaction score
Good effort fella, I've already had to appeal my first medical due to some doctors notes that stated I had "chronic and reoccurring sciatica" complete load of shite. Appealed it successfully now having to keep a 8 week training diary before I can have my face to face medical. I've got metal work in my right arm and dislocated my elbow about 9 years ago. I can see trouble on the horizon at the medical. Did you have to pay private for your scan mate?

RunningFree09

Reaction score
Hmm I am no medical practioner mate but the problem is the way they will look at it is this, will recruit training break you. And if the answer is yes then you may struggle to get through the medical it BUT there is always hope so keep fighting for that dream.

And no mate, they referred to private surgeon to remove my bursa and so the post surgery MRI was done by Nuffield.

Pedders

Reaction score
It doesn't give me any issues at all whilst training and never has since I broke it, like you said through wether they believe that and how i can prove that I'm not to sure. Guess I'll just have to go to the medical and find out. Cheers for the reply mate. All the best for training.

RunningFree09

Reaction score
It doesn't give me any issues at all whilst training and never has since I broke it, like you said through wether they believe that and how i can prove that I'm not to sure. Guess I'll just have to go to the medical and find out. Cheers for the reply mate. All the best for training.

Well I wish you all the best mate and good luck!! And cheers mate.