PRMC Passes

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This question is for the people who have taken the PRMC and have passed.

Just wanted to no if you fail the run is that a complete fail?

and some people diddnt get 80 situps and 60 pressups and still yet passed. Im abit confused on how it works. I dont want get to targets like they say dont just try you push your hardest..

*text deleted*

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The fail on th run is a fail altogether but they may let you stay to get a taser of the RM's. 80 situps and 60 press ups would be the maximum score. Then as you do less press ups etc you get a lesser score.

Best of luck.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
what is the minimum amount of press ups then?

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think is 20-60 but dont no the points system for it

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Press ups - if you do less than 20 press up....it's a straight fail!

Sit ups - If you do less that 30 sit-ups...it's a fail...

Pull ups - If you do less than 2 or 3 (not too sure) it's a straight fail.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
It's more effort i was told by a chap that failed his PRMC *text deleted*

He also said that the PTI's like it if you throw-up because then they know your trying hard *text deleted*.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yep fail the 3 miler and thats auto fail, same with the determination test.

its more about effort and attitude than a "points system". you could ace the tests and still fail.

Taggart91

Reaction score
This question is for the people who have taken the PRMC and have passed.

Just wanted to no if you fail the run is that a complete fail?

and some people diddnt get 80 situps and 60 pressups and still yet passed. Im abit confused on how it works. I dont want get to targets like they say dont just try you push your hardest..

*text deleted*

Yes if you fail the run its a fail nomatter how much by.
A guy on mine and a member of this site failed the run by 1 second.

And i dont know about the rest but there was a guy on my PRMC that got like 20 press ups and about 35 sit ups and still passed.

I think its just about effort.
Although everybody was pretty pissed off that he had passed.
Understandably though.

So just make sure you put the effort in and you will be fine :rock:

If you have any more questions i will try and help as best i can :bigsmile:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yes if you fail the run its a fail nomatter how much by.
A guy on mine and a member of this site failed the run by 1 second.

And i dont know about the rest but there was a guy on my PRMC that got like 20 press ups and about 35 sit ups and still passed.

I think its just about effort.
Although everybody was pretty pissed off that he had passed.
Understandably though.

So just make sure you put the effort in and you will be fine :rock:

If you have any more questions i will try and help as best i can :bigsmile:

Yea i understand what you mean. I was told they judge you from the word go! so im just *text deleted* put all my best into it. Its only three grueling days isn't it?

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My mate didn't do brilliantly on the prmc, he got about 9.5 on the bleep test if i remember rightly and he done the assault course in about 4ish minutes. But he still passed because he never gave up and gave it his all, he told me he was that f*cked he was close to collapsing.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
someone who i know who failed the prmc said to me aslong as you can run you will be ok

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
someone who i know who failed the prmc said to me aslong as you can run you will be ok

completely untrue. if it was then there would only be the 3 miler on the PRMC...every aspect of the course matters.

darbey2000

Reaction score
Its the effort that counts!! If someone only does 25 push ups and 30 sit ups and passes he must have the grit and determination to become a rmc! remember tey are not looking for the finished product they will make you that!! We all want the same thing on here so we should support each other in return we get a green beret!!

Taggart91

Reaction score
Yea i understand what you mean. I was told they judge you from the word go! so im just *text deleted* put all my best into it. Its only three grueling days isn't it?

Yeah its just 3 days basically, to be honest its not as bad as people make out in my opinion.
I think that the determination test is a *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted** but the rest are okay.

Just make sure you have the running nailed and you will be okay if you put effort in.

Oh and make sure you can swim *text deleted* i dont think anybody really wants extra swimming lessons when they get to RT on top of everything else do they.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score

Someone who failed the PRMC is not always best placed to advise. Whilst running is important, so is upper body strength. Even if you can complete the 3 mile run well under the prescribed time, you can still fail if you are poor at pull-ups & press-ups.

They are indeed all straight fails.

However, you will still not pass PRMC if you cannot manage considerably more than the figures quoted.

You should be aiming for minimum of 40-60 (close arm) press-ups, 60-80 (knees together) sit-ups, 4-6 (back-handed, thumbs- out) pull-ups.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

It is 2 pull ups. If you cant manage 2 you will not be allowed continue the course as they judge that if you cannot do 2 pull ups then you wont be able to hold your body weight should you drop off the rope on the assault course.

W/\Nnabe

Reaction score
right, people shouldnt at all be thinking about pass scores or whats minimum required! people should be concentrating on getting as much as possible! when im training i dont think of how many or how long i have left i think 'keep going' 'your nearly there' or 'come on this is easy' kind of self motivating!

another way i think while im training is that if i need to get say 80 situps, i will try as hard as i can to get 160 situps or if its 60 pressups i try to get 120 pressups as quick as possible.

the way i think is that if you train to double the test will be half as easy.

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

you don't fail if you don't manage the minimum press ups ect, it just means you get no points for that exercise and have to work even harder for the rest. The only two tests which are pass or fail are the 3 mile run and the determination test on bottom field