Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC/POC RMFA sit ups

Discussion in 'PRMC Dates - Discuss with others on your PRMC' started by bootneck1996, Jun 15, 2016.

1. bootneck1996

bootneck1996 New Member

Are the sit ups on the PRMC or POC to bleeps that have the same time between each bleep for the whole sit ups test, or as it goes on the bleeps get faster?

2. smackabear

smackabear Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    No sit ups are at the same speed throughout the test; audio can be found on YouTube - prmc sit up.

As soon as you hear the beep do the sit up then back to the start postion as fast as you can - leaving a little break. PTI there explained that they want fast quality sit ups

3. AlphaSierra

AlphaSierra Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    To be fair it does sound like they get faster but that's because your getting tired throughout the test.

4. bootneck1996

bootneck1996 New Member

Cheers for the reply, how come they changed it, because did it not used to be that do as many as you can in 2 minutes? and now it is done to a bleep, maybe harder, not sure though.

5. AlphaSierra

AlphaSierra Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    It's significantly harder in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  6. bootneck1996

bootneck1996 New Member

How fast are the bleeps, are they timed so that you reach 85 sit ups in 2 minutes?

7. H01ty

H01ty Active Member

Evenly spaced 1 up 1 down. Significantly harder in my opinion. Testing the old way I get 50 press ups and 90 sit ups (pull ups were always to the bleep). Testing to the bleep I'm still stuck on 35 press ups and 65-70 sit ups, after 4 weeks extra training including gainers they just aren't going up!

8. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    It took far longer than 4 weeks to see progress for myself.

9. PotentialToff

PotentialToff Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I prefer the bleep. I always go too fast without it making myself burnout quicker.

10. d3v

d3v Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Same, I find the bleeps easier than without. I can only reach 35 or so pressups but following the beep I get 45+, because there is a 1 second break between each rep, so you recover a little.

• Like Like x 1