PRMC Points explained

dolly

Reaction score
60-80 Correct form sit-ups in two minutes.
This has had me confused for some time. I've had people tell me you should achieve 60 - 85 situps in under two minutes, and 50 - 60 pressups in the same time. But when I listen to the audio tapes where you do it to the bleep, the situps for example take three minutes for the bleeps to reach 85, so do you go by the bleeps, or not?

dolly

Reaction score
Scratch the above, if I had been observant I would have noticed you had already answered that question...sorry!

PotentialBootneck

Reaction score
Due to popular request, the following pdf outlines the current points scheme which is already "out there" on social media, as we are aware.

Before scrutinising "minimums" be aware that far from adrenalin kicking-in on your PRMC, the truth is that anyone hoping to scrape a pass by barely reaching a pass grade in any one discipline will find the statistics heavily against them. If you can only achieve a minimum pass score in any of the criteria elements prior to attending, the advice is to defer PRMC until you know you can at least achieve, in the same day:
  • A sub ten minute return run (1.5 miles) on the 3 mile outdoor run
  • 40-60 close-arm press-ups (perfect form) in two minutes
  • 60-80 Correct form sit-ups in two minutes
  • 4-8 Correct form pull-ups in two minutes (without gurning)
  • 66+ Metre swim
Please do not think: "It'll be alright on the day and I've got three goes anyway..."

It pays to be a winner. Trust me.
Does this still stand? And do they still perform repetitions to the beep?

PotentialBootneck

Reaction score
Happy days, practiced at 4am this morning and hit 11.1.
Any training methods to improve stamina and endurance to help increase that effort? Because That was flat out as a best effort and I’m wanting a higher score

Surfbum

Reaction score
Happy days, practiced at 4am this morning and hit 11.1.
Any training methods to improve stamina and endurance to help increase that effort? Because That was flat out as a best effort and I’m wanting a higher score
HIIT training. It's all about getting that heart rate up as quickly as possible and holding it for a long as possible. 6x best effort sprints for 30 secs, jogging inbetween reps to lower heart rate. That combined with your road running will see the biggest difference but any cardio sport in time will increase your VO2 max.

Daffs

Reaction score
@ Ninja_stoker is this PDF still valid for today ? Nothing has changed? As I see the initial post is quiet old. Many thanks.

leonidas151

Reaction score
I’m currently training to become fit enough to join however I recently increased my weekly running mileage And it’s given me significant aerobic capacity improvement however I keep getting minor injuries in my legs such as I feel shin splints coming on And I have to rest. Any tips on how to avoid these kinds of injuries?

Canty95

Reaction score
I’m currently training to become fit enough to join however I recently increased my weekly running mileage And it’s given me significant aerobic capacity improvement however I keep getting minor injuries in my legs such as I feel shin splints coming on And I have to rest. Any tips on how to avoid these kinds of injuries?
No expert but I had them ages ago, I literally just made sure my diet was spot on and i was getting enough proteins/ carbs etc aswell as supplements. I’d use rowers, bikes or do any other form of low impact phys to maintain my fitness and then try a run once a week or so, stopping if I felt the shin splints coming on. Stretching before and after every session

PotentialBootneck

Reaction score
I wouldn’t bother too much with supplements, I’d personally just eat the right foods and rest well, plenty of stretches and roll it out on a foam roller and try not to overdo it on your training days, keep it simple

Lakevu

Reaction score
Is this point system still valid? Or has it been updated since 2010??

fine

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is this point system still valid? Or has it been updated since 2010??
Still valid, Although the bleep test scores will change slightly as of March. The pass mark will change from 10.5 to 11

Lakevu

Reaction score
Still valid, Although the bleep test scores will change slightly as of March. The pass mark will change from 10.5 to 11
Interesting? I could of sworn that the pull-ups had been changed to 15 or something like that.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting? I could of sworn that the pull-ups had been changed to 15 or something like that.
Minimum pull ups is 3 and max is 16, may be wrong but 13-16 i think will get you max points