PRMC possible change.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
one of my mates has just gone on his prmc, and unfortunatly failed, and im really *text deleted* gutted because i was planning on joining RT with him. anyway i gave him a call tonight and he said they said that they had to do a minimum of 2 pull ups instead of 3. which has relieved me a little more as i was worrying slightly i wouldn't get 3, even though i was doing average reps of 4/5.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea it is 2, thats what it was when i did mine in july.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* are you kidding me?
2 whole pullups?
Thats my dream shattered

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
i was down there last week for prmc and they said you must be able to do a minimum of 2 pullups, this is because you must have enough upper body strength to hold your own weight on the assault course should you fall off the high ropes. but trust me lads make sure you can nail 6 pullups before you go down. theres alot of upper body strength involved in the prmc so make sure you are fully prepared, it will only make it easier if you are.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yep its 2 now mate and 20 press ups and 30 sit ups, there the minimum scores

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
yep its 2 now mate and 20 press ups and 30 sit ups, there the minimum scores

No it isn't & it's getting rather tiring correcting inaccurate assumptions.

If you only score those figures before you go on PRMC, you will fail PRMC categorically.

Anyone who considers going on PRMC unable to comfortably complete 4 pull-ups before they go will struggle. On your PRMC you have to run 3 miles, complete the VO2 Max, THEN do your pull-ups, sit-ups & press-ups. You will almost certainly score lower on the PRMC, so if you can only do two pull ups before you go, there's not much point going.

If you underperform in both press-ups & pull-ups it's a fail because you are deemed unsafe to undertake the high ropes due to lack of upperbody strength.

If you are in any doubt, check with your AFCO to see if there's an RMAD available - they are run by the NCOs that run PRMC & they will tell you in no uncertain terms what standards are required.

ncfc_crazyuk

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
From experience, I would say, be able to do at least 4 pull ups, 35 press ups, 50 sit ups, after being able to run at <b>least</b> level 11 on the VO2 max test and then do these after. I done better than a normal gym session there as I think the adrenaline helped and pushed an extra 4-5 press ups, 12-15 sit ups and 1 pull up...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's true to say, the adrenalin rush during PRMC may well improve your previous personal best scores a good point by NCFC.

For those that are under-performing before attending however, it would be wrong to assume you will double your pull-ups, for example, and therefore can rely on this occuring, because it won't.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well ninja i feel like an idiot *text deleted*, i seen them scores on some site on the net.

sorry for the misunderstanding