PRMC prep (what’s not being talked about)

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Thechancer, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Thechancer

Thechancer Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    So I have a had a thought (dangerous I know) but what’s not being talked about with prep to PRMC.
    Everything from has been covered to help increase your chances to pass from increasing your endurance to work out plans and circuits.

But are we forgetting to stand?

Is this the one thing we could be missing? I for one and maybe a few others will not be used to standing for long periods of time, wether that’s due to having office jobs or being in school.
    It doesn’t sound much but if you sit all day standing for a prolonged period will take its toll unless you make yourself stand.

I am now going to make the effort to stand whilst at work 30mins to an hour to simple get used to it.

What do people think of this? Is it the missing key?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  2. Banshee

Banshee Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    bit bizarre standing unless you have one of them standing desks

3. Thechancer

Thechancer Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Not really mate, can always higher you screen or tilt it, working in an office people stand from time to time anyways, but it’s just making sure your doing for more than 30 mins, now one really bats an eye lid

4. Williamosaurus

Williamosaurus Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    An argument could be made that standing can improve your overall health and wellbeing but also on the contrary having rest could be more beneficial for muscular hypertrophy.
    Mix it up a little.

5. MumOnEdge

MumOnEdge Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    This sounds like a good idea, my son's a cadet, so in theory should be a bit more used to parades and marching but he still sometimes goes wobbly when having to stand still for long periods of time (like remembrance day). One key thing is a good substantial breakfast, they are always reminded to have one before.
    I'm sure it certainly won't do any harm.

6. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Could be a good idea not going marine route myself anymore but the para at my careers office told me for prac make sure my fitness is squared away and not to worry about anything else till you're down there, just try not to over think it lad

7. Pogorabbit

Pogorabbit Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    One of the things our nod found hard at the start was standing still for long periods His legs ached, feet hurt and the urge to fidget drove him mad. He managed though and I guess is getting used to it now (week 18)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Standing still might be more of a problem to those who have not fully evolved into humans. :)

But seriously... arguably what keeps us all on our feet is proper nutrition and hydration. If one is required to stand perfectly still in one location simply tense and relax abdominal and leg muscles. And wiggle toes. It can help to maintain effective blood pressure.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just finish your phys workout with a:

1x max rep stand still. Really push to failure....To replicate authencity maybe hire a Personal trainer to call you nasty names and to really throw a spanner in the works maybe order you to do some bendy stretchy time.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3
  10. Fleet98

Fleet98 Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    You could always do the ironing whilst standing up. Then you would be practising 2 things at once! :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  11. Rover

Rover Moderator

untitled.png

As shown in this demo.;)

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  12. DJANGO

DJANGO Member

I started practicing running whilst standing up and found it much easier. Not as good at limbo dance stood up though

13. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Sleep standing up right. You will actually realise that that does actually happen.

14. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Can confirm, fell asleep multiple times in Drill and in IMF

15. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

You might suggest that; but I couldn't possibly comment. :)

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1