Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Featured PRMC=PRMRC Grand Unified Theory

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Ninja_Stoker, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Farsworth.jpg
    With immediate effect RMR PRMCs will be conducted at CTC, same as regular service PRMCs & carry the same period of validity to exactly the same standards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Will rmr scotlands be held their toi

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I believe so.

4. corvus

corvus Member

Hahaha

Wait really?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

That's what I was told. Either that or the PRMC Team will come Scotland if there's a suitable venue. I'll see if I can find out for certain.

6. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Was just at my afco today to find out if i can be put on the reserve prmc up in edinburgh but they cant confirm it will go ahead because of unofficial rumors of it being held at lympstone sooo just need to wait and hear

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Spoke to RMR Mersey & they seem fairly sure RMR selection will mirror regular RM selection.

It makes sense as you can transfer from reserves to regular or vice versa as a trained rank.

8. corvus

corvus Member

I thought the protocol now for anyone transferring from reserves to regular (but not filling a FTRS billet) was to have to start at week 1 day 1 of training? Is that not still the case?

Edit: including those who have already got their green lid through the reserves?

9. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    RMR Scotland has the capability and facilities to run a PRMC(R) up their way, with a venue that is very similar to the Endurance Course. It’s been done before, and as far as I am aware they are looking to continue it.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

RMR Trained Ranks can transfer directly into the regular RM as Trained Ranks. It always used to be the case but we went through a period where we had a surplus of regular trained ranks and a shortage of Reserve trained ranks so, apart from those who had a sought-after spec, it was day one, week one of RT for a few years. It's now reverted.

Interestingly, I understand PRMCs are filled to capacity for the next month or so. Possibly applications are increasing again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  11. PotentialBootneck

PotentialBootneck New Member

Does this include full bottom field workout and endurance course intro...?

12. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yes it will, as said, they will be conducted at CTC as normal PRMCs.