PRMC Question

lurkio

Reaction score
Hi guys,
upon not passing the PRMC how many other attempts can you have at it ?

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As many as you like I think. (But they'd probs start getting a bit naffed off with you after 3 or 4 attempts). :laugh:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Unfortunately no set answer, some AFCO's don't accept any failure. One guy told me, you fail and that's it, he said he didn't do "second chances" and he was serious.

Whilst others give you 2 or 3 attempts in total.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I guess it may be determined by how badly you fail, for instance if you cant even do one pressup or pull up the AFCO might tell you not to give any further attempts, but if you failed because of an injury but you were doing really well before said injury then I imagine you can have another chance, because you have already proven you are ready for this, you just have to complete the course to be accepted into training.

M

MTW

it dosent matter how many chances there are, you should treat it like there is none.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
it dosent matter how many chances there are, you should treat it like there is none.
you mean one? *text deleted* if there's no chance... well pass me the pies and ale! *text deleted*
edit: re-read first post and would like to say, for the record; i'm a drooling window licker who is incapable of reading posts correctly, please ignore this post. thanks :embarrest:

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you get to do it one more time if you fail mate and i think its a 6 month wait but im not that sure

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
fitness wise i agree with you, you should only treat it like you get one attempt.

but he may be asking due to possibly getting an injury after prmc and he has do eventually do it all again or he may get a injury during prmc and want to do it again.
as far as i know after the 3rd attempt they tell you to not bother again, unless you have really good reasons.

J

Jason_A

Really, you shouldn't be thinking about this. Always have the attitude of 'getting it right first time'.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Really, you shouldn't be thinking about this. Always have the attitude of 'getting it right first time'.
I'd go along with that.

If you have the luxury of attending an RMAD & pass it, injuries aside, there's no reason you should fail PRMC, but then again...

Given that 75% of PRMC fails occur during the 3 mile run, once the PJFT changes to 3 miles (01 Sept) then theoretically the amount of fails on PRMC should be pretty much confined to those with poor upperbody strength, no head for heights and non-swimmers.

Or so the theory goes...

By and large the maximum PRMCs permitted is 3, however if you fail two within six months, you should seriously consider whether perhaps you are better suited to something less arduous.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
As has been stated, the varies from AFCO to AFCO. I was informed by my recruiter that a lad from Liverpool was given 5 chances (eventually passed) but that personally, he would give two chances, thats it.

Although they do go by performance (depending on how badly you fail will affect how long you have to wait for a retry, if they let you) but if you're attitude is *text deleted**text deleted*ty while there, the PRMC staff will write that on your report and you may not be let down there again.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As has been stated, the varies from AFCO to AFCO. I was informed by my recruiter that a lad from Liverpool was given 5 chances (eventually passed) but that personally, he would give two chances, thats it.
Whilst I'm sure the anecdotal tales are meant with the best intentions, 5 PRMC's is pretty much unheard of nowadays - At least not since your Careers Adviser in Brighton used to work in a Northern AFCO & was banished far South in exile as retribution, or so we're told

You'd need a letter off the Queen, counter-signed by the Pope on an autographed piccy of the pontiff in a gig with Elvis to be permitted a 3rd attempt in most cases! (unfit first, genuine injury second, a large element of bull for a 3rd fail)

In other words most Careers Advisers would want some pretty good evidence to risk sending you 3 times, lest he or she were to be cruelly, not to mention harshly, mocked by the PRMC staff in Lympstone. In most cases, it's bad enough to be taunted a second time, so get it right first attempt.