Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMC(R) Sept 21st-23rd Diary

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by beechy9287, Sep 23, 2012.

1. beechy9287

beechy9287 New Member

Just a quick entry to let you all know about the RMR PRMC at Lympstone. I'm 27 and have had some military experience.

FRIDAY:

Reported to CTCRM at 20:45 and went to the PRMC block. After everyone arrived we all filled in some forms and were issued sleeping bags and water bottles for the duration. After sorting out the basic admin we went to the lecture room for a brief from the Troop SGT of the following days tests. Lights out at midnight, uneventful first evening, 'Shock of capture' as our SGT said.

SATURDAY:

Up at 5.30, *text deleted**text deleted*, shower and shave. Showers were baltic, so don't expect any gucci power showers. I did a regular PRMC 10 years ago and the temperature hasn't increased. 33 lads were on the course from all over the five different dets. Scran was at 6:15 and first detail was at 7:30 which was the swim test. The swim test consisted of a jump off the 3 metre platform and a full length breast stroke and out into the changing rooms. No finished yet, from the pool its a quick dry and into gym kit for the RMFA. This starts with falling in, in three rows jogging on the spot. Everything in the gym is either 110% or stood still, nothing in between. A bit of advice, don't scratch or wipe your face, or you will find a PTI breathing don't your neck. After a 'little' warm up, it was straight into the VO2 max test. I finished with 10.9, *text deleted**text deleted* score as I have done better. Afte V02 its onto the the 3 mains. Mine were Push up 60, Pull ups 17 and sit ups 80. They said when you get to 60 on the push ups to get up, most of us could of done more. A little tip, don't drop your knees or your finished and don't lift your bum up or they will end your effort, has to be max straight out no rest, so practice that. Sit ups were as many as possible in 2 mins with arms across your chest., pull ups were maximal effort no time limit, chest to bar and legs straight. This was followed by some lectures on foot care, massively un-exciting but had to be done. After lunch it was the three miler, it was a good run and everyone, I think, finished sub 10 minutes. Mine was 9:09 not a PB but a solid pass. No let though as it was straight into rig and down to bottom field, another 'little' warm up. PTI's love their warm ups, usually involve sprints. We dabbled on the high obs course, not tarzan. Just the two high ropes and planks straight forward and easy if your good with heights, even if your not just push through and show guts. This was followed by fireman carries and an epic exercise, log runs. We were split into four groups and each group sprinted 200 metres with the logs on our shoulders, shoulder presses, biceps curls and crab push up the hill, basically on your hands and feet facing up hill with the log in front and you use your feet to push it up, simple. This was followed by a dash down to the far end of the field and sprint back to the high obs.
    A few sore shoulders were obtained from that little jaunt. Back up for an evening meal, more lectures on corps history and cap badge. Also badges of rank, the term 'Nod' was being adopted by a few people in the room. A little social in the evening and in bed for 22:00.

SUNDAY:

Same detail as Sunday, up at 5:30, a quality nights sleep, wasn't hard to fall asleep to be honest. This morning we had the cheeky little endurance course to look forward to. We did 2 miles of it and a 2 mile run down leafy lane to the mini buses. Now, be under no illusion when the day before, the troop SGT said, 'It will be easy and a mass plod around', It is a *text deleted**text deleted** out effort as a troop, even the boss of Bristol HQ ran it with us, So no one had any excuses. Sheep dip was good one as were the many tunnels, lots of water and mud, lots and lots of it. Finished off by a little run back to the mini buses and back to base. A brief from the boss and crack on home.

The weekend was a great laugh, everyone passed and I'm not surprised as everyone put the effort in and had top notch phys. Most instructors will tell you that the hardest way to obtain a Green lit, is the reserves course. Don't take teh PRMC(R) lightly, its a full 3 day course cramped into 1.5 days, I've done both and this one hurts a lot. Just put in maximum effort and never wrap on anything. Show you want it.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Excellent feedback Beechy - all the more so as you are in a position to compare PRMC with PRMC(R)

Well done passing & best of luck with the training.

3. Dan Felix

Dan Felix New Member

Good effort Beechy, I was down there with you... Must say the old legs are a bit stiff today!
    Which detach were you from?

4. plod1

plod1 New Member

Nice diary mate, more of the same for the weekends/evenings would be appreciated! When is your first weekend in the field?

5. beechy9287

beechy9287 New Member

I am at Lympstone det. My first weekend will be on 5th Oct for kit issue and swearing the Oath. After that its exercise First Step.

6. Dan Felix

Dan Felix New Member

Ahh I'm at the Bristol detach... should be a decent run ashore when you guys come up.

Your not the Scottish fella who I caught having a bath instead of cold showers after the Endurance course are you?

7. beechy9287

beechy9287 New Member

Ha ha, no I was the was the lad with the blue and white striped short sleeved shirt.

8. Dan Felix

Dan Felix New Member

Ahh, can't say i remember!

Did you enjoy it then? It was surprising everyone passed... I was speaking to the Captain who was down there with us yesterday in the RMR Bristol gym and he said he couldnt believe the times etc of the 1.5m returns... Think thats what edged it.