PRMC RMFA Tests

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Surfbum, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Afternoon all,

After quite a long time training I thought it would be wise to attempt my 2nd mock RMFA today. I managed the following;

Vo2- 14.7
    Pull ups- 10
    Press ups- 40
    Sit ups- 30

A very quick story about today's attempt and my queries. This was my first attempt at Vo2 so smashed that out first. Could of done better I think, not great conditions in the gym (slippery floor etc) but still thrilled about the result. Relatively happy with the pull ups, plenty of time before PRMC so know i can get that up. Press ups were appalling. My PB is max press ups so gutted about that. Sit ups were also disastrous as I had nowhere to lock my feet in. The carpet was horrid to fall back on (crappy excuse but didn't help) and it was the last test.

So my question is this, Can anyone put some light as to what order the RMFA is done and is it reliable/consistent. I appreciate I should be training to max on every exercise and my OCD won't let me sleep until I do haha. I only allowed myself in the realm of 3-4 min rest between exercise but going from pull ups to press ups severely hinders my quantity.

I'm not overly concerned as I know I have quite a high level of fitness and being in the moment should provide me with a little more adrenaline and competitive edge. However I don't fancy settling for 2nd best whilst I have the chance to get on top of things.

Any help appreciated.
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lawman

Lawman Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Press ups and sit ups need more work and I’m not overly convinced about the 14.7, are you sure your running it with a distance of 20 metres

• Like Like x 1
  3. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Honestly. It won’t! In fact most lads do less reps than what they do in training because the PTI’s usually knock points off or tell you to stop because of poor form. Unless you have a spotter who is watching you for form or you video yourself. Then please be careful thinking that adrenaline will give you a few extra reps.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    The distance is 20m mate. Myself and the gym owner measured it several times as it was another reason the room could be justified. As mentioned, My PB on press ups is 65 so I "know" i can do better but I blew it all on pull ups. Hence the reason for the thread, if the press ups are likely to be after the pull ups then clearly much more effort is needed. Cheers for the advice.

5. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    That's good to know mate thanks. I'm currently recording all sessions to prepare for any bizarre reason CAPITA decide to TMU me. I also stop the reps as soon as I feel the quality start to dip below what is required. I'll bare that in mind mate!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I will add that I'm starting to doubt myself of the distance now as I don't want to do anything to jeapodise my results. It was measured I assure you haha. Thanks for mentioning it though, I'll update tomorrow when I measure up.....again!

7. MORP

MORP Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    The vo2 is first, followed by the press ups, sit ups and pull ups in that order

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  8. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Exactly what I was looking for. Cheers buddy

• Like Like x 1