PRMC Routine

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I need to get my self fit enough to pass PRMC before i can carry on my application, everyone keeps saying lie to them but i can't lie and i want to pass first time. At the moment it looks like this:
1.5 miler: 9:30 on road
Pull ups: 8
press ups: 35
sit ups: 50

All advice appriciated guys.

Edd

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
its strange how you can do 8 pull ups but only 35 press ups in 2 mins. and no dont lie there is no point they will only find out and i had the same problem as you with only being able to do 39 press ups in 2 mins but if you keep doing press ups throughout every day , even on rest days you will increase loads. one kid i know does 3 sets of 60 befor he goes to bed each night and can do 85 in 2 mins.
and with your sit ups do loads of different types of ab work and dont stop doing them till you cant physcially move.

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just find pull ups easier duno why, but i could do 45 at one point but then lost motivation cause of failing a stage.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The tip is to layer your exercises, ie: 3 mile run, then do sit-ups followed by press-ups & suchlike. The individual disciplines should be covered in rapid succession, as indeed they are on PRMC.

It's a bit pointless telling porkies and going on a prmc in the knowledge that you'll fail as it's a complete waste of time money & effort from an AFCO perspective & a thoroughly pointless & demoralising situation to put yourself in.

Best bet is to see if you can attend a Royal Marines Acquaint Day (RMAD), it generally gives you a good indication of where you're at, you'll meet other like-minded individuals face to face & gain some nuggets of information regarding training tips

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do i just ask about RMAD or should they offer me to go when i get to that stage? I do tend to do a set of 10 press ups when i get back from running or 20, but yea I dint and wunt of lied to him just cause it will not help me in anyway shape or form, but i just don't think anyone realises how hard it is, there like don't worry you'll be fine, I suppose its better then them saying you won't do it, but im 17 on march the 26th so no rush ish.