PRMC September 1st - 01/09/15

anderson-1712

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm honest with you mate I had this concern but on the day I didn't bother with them and just got on with it. If your will to pass is strong enough then your earphones are surplus to requirements. How it went for me;
1) Arrive, let reception know I'm here for pjft and then they let me into the gym.
2) I found the person who was taking me
3) we did some stretches together and I jumped up on the treadmill
4) he inserts a pre-loaded key that first of all starts you off with a gentle 5 minute warm up. Take your time on this, clue is in the name.
5) More stretching.
6)inserts the key for the first run. It is automatically set to the speed you should run at to pass. You will need to increase it slightly as it takes a few seconds to get up to speed.
7) finish the run, jump off, stretch, little rest.
8)inserts key one more time - treadmill accelerates and you're off.
9) finish the run, he will tell you pass or fail, which presumably you will already know because your time is displayed.

Note; you can adjust the speed to whatever is comfortable for you, just don't put it to low or you set yourself up for a hard finish.

Also, make sure you run light, shorts not joggers, t-shirt. Hydrate well before your run and make sure you're fuelled up. Porridge for breakfast! Lastly, when the going gets tough keep at it! It's only 22 minutes and 30 seconds of running at most, it'll be over soon.

Let us know how you get on and good luck!
Thanks for that, do you have to do that? I'd prefer to just crack on and have a slow walk inbetween the runs

Nike

Reaction score
Thanks for that, do you have to do that? I'd prefer to just crack on and have a slow walk inbetween the runs
Erm, I don't think it should be a problem if you *text deleted* do a slow walk in between runs!

Nike

Reaction score
Good luck @anderson-1712 i also have mine soon, a week after yours. Good luck!

@Nike is the warm up mandatory?
The warm up is pre-loaded onto the key and in order for the 1st run to be activated if you like, the warm up has to be activated first. But you can just put the speed right down if you *text deleted* conserve energy

Nike

Reaction score
To all the lads who are attending the PRMC on the 1st September, there's a Facebook group. Just search "PRMC - 1st September".

anderson-1712

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So I had night shifts start of the week, ended up with a flu, dehydrated and on the day of my pjft had the shits, was convinced I was *text deleted* fail but still turned up to give it a blast and I am shocked myself that I passed it with ease, could have carried on, finished with a time of 9:38!! So shocked but so happy! Bring on prmc!

anderson-1712

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* I want my prmc on the 1/9, do I ring up and request or just hope and if it's not then ring up and ask to change ??

Lucky-1972

Reaction score
Afternoon gents,
I'm on this one too, second attempt. Looking forward to seeing you all down there!
How is everyone's training going?
Lucky.

Fairbairn

Reaction score
I have my pjft Friday and hoping for this prmc, I've only been training for a few weeks as I lost focus, managed to get out a 9:42 today on a mock, just wondered are you allowed to wear headphones during pjft?
Hey matey cracking effort on the return run! can I ask what speed or speeds your run it at? Cheers! I just can't quite get the 2nd run in the time not far off.

anderson-1712

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey matey cracking effort on the return run! can I ask what speed or speeds your run it at? Cheers! I just can't quite get the 2nd run in the time not far off.
I trained to do 1600m on 15 kph, by that time I was hanging out so I knocked it down to 14kph to catch my breath and get my stride for 400m then your at 2000m then just best effort for the last 400m, that will bring you in within the time limits however on the day I was feeling good and just stayed on 15kph all the way, I found 800/1000m sprints helped me an awful lot, they're a killer but build speed endurance and helps with the mental side of it, good luck mate!

LRL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Wish my treadmill was in sinc...

I find 15kph on my mock treadmills hard but managable to reach 2km and put it on 18+kph for the last 0.4km.

But on the actual PJFT treadmill i struggled at 14.4... pmsl

Squall

Reaction score
On this date as well lads got my tickets and that the other day buzzing for it

AussiePom

Reaction score
Afternoon gents,
I'm on this one too, second attempt. Looking forward to seeing you all down there!
How is everyone's training going?
Lucky.
Smash it this time mate, make sure you get someone a little lighter on carries as well! :D

Lucky-1972

Reaction score
Smash it this time mate, make sure you get someone a little lighter on carries as well! :D
Haha, yeah definitely, not standing next to the biggest fattest ba- I mean so and so there this time ;)

older gent

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, yeah definitely, not standing next to the biggest fattest ba- I mean so and so there this time ;)
Just a question mate, how many carries do you do on bottom field and what's the distance?
Cheers