Prmc swimming test

JOEY

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering what is involved in the PRMC swimming test. Been looking for information on it but can not get any info that i can trust. Really need to find out whats invovled as its the test that worries me the most because although i can swim im not what you would call awesome.

Apart from that ive got good upper body strength etc

Push ups 55 in 2 mins
sit ups 82 in 2 mins
Pull ups 28
bleep test lvl 17

I used to run Cross country alot and was good at it and enjoyed it.
i havnt timed myself yet over the km's etc but do 4 miles runs with ease now.

Am i ready to go apply for RM now, as i have said to myself after finishing college that i would'nt apply untill i was happy with my personal fitness.

any help would be good. THANKS

Joe aged 19

M

MTW

its just jumping of a 4 metre board, and breast stroke to the other end, its an olympic sized pool but still pretty easy, and its not a test, its only an assesment, so it dosent even matter if you cant swim (but you still have to jump in even if you cant, and let them fish you out), but its just an assesment. if your a weak swimmer they will teach you later.

JOEY

Reaction score
oryt thats ok then *text deleted* ive bin training my arse of swimming and can do about 100metres breast stroke swimming now but didnt know if that was enough. Is it only breast stroke you're allowed ?

M

MTW

yea with breast stroke you can go on forever!? sure you dont mean front crawl? and yes you are only alowed to do breast stroke.

JOEY

Reaction score
Yeah sorry i meant front crawl but to be honest i really aint amazing at breast stoke either maybe 200-300m. Need to perfect the technique a bit mre.

M

MTW

dont worry about mate, its only an assesment, like i said, it dosent even matter if you cant swim! you cant "fail" it....unless you drown.:blink1:

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Just remember to wear speedo's or you'll be in for the chop!

M

MTW

nah mate, i wouldnt personaly! no body wore them on my prmc, they arnt needed untill RT. but obv you can if you want.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
On my PRMC the lads that wore trunks were made to do press ups, and maintain press up position untill the Crpl decided they can get up.

It specifically states speedo style trunks, and they blasted the guys who didnt when i was there.

All depends if you want extra 'extra phys'.

M

MTW

well i got told by the afco that they arnt needed untill RT, and the corprals said to us when we were at the pool that we needed them for RT and that was it. nothing more said or done on the matter no "extra 'extra phys'" but there are alot more things to worry about than speedos so just wear them if you want.

JOEY

Reaction score
Yeah i will be fine im sure. And personally i dont own a pair of speedo's and would'nt really want to wear them either.

JOEY

Reaction score
ORYT THEN CHEERS. yOU LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THE PROPER STUFF NOW THEN?

M

MTW

yea mate its well frustratiing getting a taste of it! and the lympstone life, then having to wait, cant wait to get down there and get amongst it mate.

JOEY

Reaction score
Yeah thats what i want. So how did it take you from sending the application form away to doing the prmc, and then from the prmc to the royal marines training?

M

MTW

to get to prmc it took me about 7 months.....

then from prmc to training, is *text deleted* take 2 month, but only about amonth left now...primerily because summer hols, and full rt dates, but its not usualy this long. bu at least ill be hitting the end of the 32 weeks in summer!

JOEY

Reaction score
ORYT WELL AT LEAST YOU'RE THERE THEN. WELL IN NORMAL TIME HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE FROM HANDING IN YOURE APPLICATION FORM TO DOIHNG PRMC? SORRY FOR THE L8 REPLY JUST BIN FOR A 3MILE RUN. *text deleted**text deleted*ING SWEATING LYK *text deleted**text deleted* *text deleted* :flushed:

JOEY

Reaction score
Ok *text deleted* get the idea that you dont know *text deleted*

M

MTW

it varys for afco to afco and from person to person, you need to ask your afco.