PRMC Training Plan by @arny01

Matty7181

Reaction score
Like the title says, i keep seeing references to 'arnys' training program and from what ive seen its getting some pretty good reviews, I've had a browse but cant seem to find it, anyone got a link?

buxton

Reaction score
I don't have the link but I have it saved on my notepad

RM Arnys program
Ok lads here it goes

Mon Am. 2 x BFT. Mon Pm. APFA

Tue Am. 8 mile best effort. Tue Pm Gym

Wed Am. Rest.

Thurs Am. Hill sprints. Thurs pm. Swim

Fri Am. 5 mile at 8 min/mile. Fri Pm. Gym.

Sat. Rest

Sun Am. 8 mile best effort. Sun Pm. Gym.

Ok I'll explain the programme in detail for you to work it to suit you. Monday's, 2 x BFT will improve your speed, strength and V02 max for the 1.5 sprint and bleep test. The APFA in the evening is a single beep test, 1 set of press-up,sit-up,and pull ups. It is a test, and replicates the Wednesday of PRMC to the letter, focus on your form, for the exercises lads ok. Record you results lads, on the both 1.5m sprints, write them down so you can see your improvements.

8 mile best effort, speaks got itself really, my lad used an app called endomondo, plugged his headphones in. And the app would tell him how quick, he was running each mile.

Gym session. Get yourself a 10 kg weighted vest. Warm up 2000m in under 10 mins on a rower. Then do. To failure

3 x sets of weighted vest press-up
3 x sets of weighted vest sit up
3 x sets of weighted vest pull up.

3 x sets body weight press up
3 x sets body weight sit up
3 x sets body weight pull up

3 x sets of assisted press up
3 x sets of half sits
3 x sets of pull up

Then finish with, 10 min AMRAP of
10 squats
10 lunge
10 box jumps to 24"box.

Hill sprint day is a massive hang out lads.

Warm up. 10 mins at 8 min/mile

20 x 100-150m hill sprints. Walk down. Make fire the hill is steep as *text deleted**text deleted* lads, do them in sets of 5, but on the second and third set, to do 10 squat, 10 lunge after each hill sprint. Walk round for 5 mins at the end, then run 3 miles as fast as you can using endomondo. Aim for 7:30 min/mile. You leg strength and muscle endurance, will sky rocket, helping you for bottom feild/endurance course.

Swim 100m x 8 sets. Rest 2 mins after each 100m effort

Ok lads, you can obviously start off at an easier level. Do 1 BFT on Monday, or start the long runs with a 5 miler.

My lads PRMC stats were

1.5m 8:45
Bleep test 12.1
Press-up 48
Sit ups 67
Pull up 9.

He found the bottom field/endurance course very tough, but very doable. He also said he felt quite strong across the board in all aspects of PRMC, and said this plan worked really well for him.

Any questions. Feel free lads. If you want yo direct them to my lad, please do so. He doesn't come on here much, so I can reply on his be half.

Good luck. And smash it next time round lads.

Matty7181

Reaction score
Legend, cheers mate looks pretty good! I take it this is aimed at pre prmc?

ReapNSow

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Before you can post a thread or comment a little question should come up saying 'are asking about arnys training plan if so click here'. Then again there would be very little activity on this forum if there was.

JuneBug

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ive just started this as something different to what I've always done. Enjoying it so far!

Matty7181

Reaction score
Ye it's all going well thanks, he's just completed bottom field passout, and is really really happy in his troop. They are a very close bunch, and all dig out, for one another.
Glad to hear he's doing well! Might seem like a stupid question, but do you know if he found bottom field harder in PRMC or RT? Can't think if it would be a little easier in RT because youve been cracking phys and preparing for it or worse because you've already done it once and know how disgusting it is!

Matty7181

Reaction score
Oh bloody hell well now i look f//king stupid haha! i was always under the impression it was the same sort of idea in RT and PRMC, essentially just getting thrashed for a couple of hours! Well regardless, congrats to your lad for passing!

Banshee

Reaction score
I'd be care with the running and build upto the mileage in arnys program to avoid injury :)

Matty7181

Reaction score
I can vouch for @arny01 training plan!! its awesome and the most important thing is it works!
my other half failed first prmc , I spoke to @arny01 got the training plan and the difference was amazing, he totally smashed his second prmc!
congrats to your fella! Has he started RT yet?

csteez

Reaction score
Does it matter if lets say I did the 8 mile run on a tuesday in the afternoon and the gym in the morning. Or the BFT in the afternoon/evening instead of the morning on a monday?

Crash_Monkey

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@arny01 quick question if I may?

The 2xbft, is that 1.5 slow, 1.5 best effort twice, or just two fast 1.5's?
What kind of rest does the programme allow between them?

Also, the gym work. What rest periods do you work to between sets?