PRMC Training Plan by @arny01

rocoma121

Reaction score
1.5 mile warm up
1.5 mile best effort
1.5 mile best effort
1.5 mile cool down, (that’s how I’ve interpreted it.)
and I take it you're running the warm up and cool down in 12m30s? what sort of times would you expect to get for the best effort ones?

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
and I take it you're running the warm up and cool down in 12m30s? what sort of times would you expect to get for the best effort ones?
Yep, both the warm up and cool down in 12:30. You want to get to a level where the first 1.5 will only serve to loosen up your legs and hips and increase your heart rate, ready to be told “GO!” so you can blitz the second 1.5 (PRMC obviously).

The two best efforts, if you can get to a level where you can run 2 back to back 1.5s in 9:30 - 10:00 with a minutes rest in between, you’ll be good to go, if you train to be quicker still all the better for you.

I don’t know your current fitness levels so bear in mind at the end of this 1 session you would have run 6 miles, your legs may not be ready for that or the volume of this program, so don’t be disheartened if you try this session and come in with, say for example, two best efforts of 10:30 and 10:50. Just reduce it to the one BFT and then increase as you see fit over time.

rocoma121

Reaction score
Yep, both the warm up and cool down in 12:30. You want to get to a level where the first 1.5 will only serve to loosen up your legs and hips and increase your heart rate, ready to be told “GO!” so you can blitz the second 1.5 (PRMC obviously).

The two best efforts, if you can get to a level where you can run 2 back to back 1.5s in 9:30 - 10:00 with a minutes rest in between, you’ll be good to go, if you train to be quicker still all the better for you.

I don’t know your current fitness levels so bear in mind at the end of this 1 session you would have run 6 miles, your legs may not be ready for that or the volume of this program, so don’t be disheartened if you try this session and come in with, say for example, two best efforts of 10:30 and 10:50. Just reduce it to the one BFT and then increase as you see fit over time.
I can do 8min/mi for a 5 miler but my running is pretty bad at the minute, my best return 1.5 is 10:30 so I've got a long way to go. 4x1.5 should help me bring that down though, even if I'll probably be running them at ~12mins

AverageJoe

Reaction score
I've heard a lot about this but I still can't fully under stand it. Could someone please explain it?

Canty95

Reaction score
can you please explain what these are?
I believe it’s 1.5 mile out, then 2x 1.5 best efforts back to back and then 1.5 mile recovery, that’s what I do anyway, someone correct me if I’m wrong. Hope this helps

cheath

Reaction score
Guys,

Anyone have experience with the PRE-PRMC plan on the RN website? I’m a tad confused.. some sessions are “Load Carry - 15KG - 2 mile” .. I’m curious, does this mean 2 miles steady pace with the weight or best effort?

PopStop

Reaction score
Got a question, during lock down I do not have use to these types of equipment, any suggestions on what i could fill Wednesday with ? Would be VERY helpful :) Thank you all.

Attachments

Harry McRunFast

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Got a question, during lock down I do not have use to these types of equipment, any suggestions on what i could fill Wednesday with ? Would be VERY helpful :) Thank you all.
Pull ups, bodyweight squats, hip thrusts, box jumps, planks, burpees, Russian twists, flutter kicks.

Tonnes mate!

PopStop

Reaction score
thanks boss , ill add em in, i had a few just wanted some of the best ones of others :)

cobb

Reaction score
I start ROP on 14/09/20 so I’m going to follow this plan till then but with a few adjustments.

Sunday
Monday AM 1xBFT PM RMFA
Tuesday AM Gym. PM 8K 8min mile
Wednesday
Thursday AM Gym. PM 8K Best effort
Friday AM Hills. PM Swimming
Saturday AM Gym. PM 8K Best effort

•my amraps are slightly different as doing it off 50% workload off VPJFT but working same muscle groups.

10 min amrap
10 Burpees
15 Mountain climbers
10 dips
30 sec plank

•If anyone want to add anything or tips would be great help thank you

PopStop

Reaction score
I start ROP on 14/09/20 so I’m going to follow this plan till then but with a few adjustments.

Sunday
Monday AM 1xBFT PM RMFA
Tuesday AM Gym. PM 8K 8min mile
Wednesday
Thursday AM Gym. PM 8K Best effort
Friday AM Hills. PM Swimming
Saturday AM Gym. PM 8K Best effort

•my amraps are slightly different as doing it off 50% workload off VPJFT but working same muscle groups.

10 min amrap
10 Burpees
15 Mountain climbers
10 dips
30 sec plank

•If anyone want to add anything or tips would be great help thank you
im on the 9th of November ! Im following Sean Lerwills plan :)

cobb

Reaction score
im on the 9th of November ! Im following Sean Lerwills plan :)
Good program I followed the Pre VPJFT which worked wonders. I didn’t really look into his pre ROP one!