Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

PRMC Training Plan by @arny01

Discussion in 'Training Plans and Diet Suggestions' started by Matty7181, Nov 2, 2015.

1. rocoma121

rocoma121 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    and I take it you're running the warm up and cool down in 12m30s? what sort of times would you expect to get for the best effort ones?

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. Hyperhippo

Hyperhippo Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Yep, both the warm up and cool down in 12:30. You want to get to a level where the first 1.5 will only serve to loosen up your legs and hips and increase your heart rate, ready to be told “GO!” so you can blitz the second 1.5 (PRMC obviously).

The two best efforts, if you can get to a level where you can run 2 back to back 1.5s in 9:30 - 10:00 with a minutes rest in between, you’ll be good to go, if you train to be quicker still all the better for you.

I don’t know your current fitness levels so bear in mind at the end of this 1 session you would have run 6 miles, your legs may not be ready for that or the volume of this program, so don’t be disheartened if you try this session and come in with, say for example, two best efforts of 10:30 and 10:50. Just reduce it to the one BFT and then increase as you see fit over time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. rocoma121

rocoma121 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I can do 8min/mi for a 5 miler but my running is pretty bad at the minute, my best return 1.5 is 10:30 so I've got a long way to go. 4x1.5 should help me bring that down though, even if I'll probably be running them at ~12mins

4. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

This is the correct interpretation.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AverageJoe

AverageJoe Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I've heard a lot about this but I still can't fully under stand it. Could someone please explain it?

6. AverageJoe

AverageJoe Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    can you please explain what these are?

7. Canty95

Canty95 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I believe it’s 1.5 mile out, then 2x 1.5 best efforts back to back and then 1.5 mile recovery, that’s what I do anyway, someone correct me if I’m wrong. Hope this helps

8. AverageJoe

AverageJoe Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  9. cheath

cheath Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Guys,

Anyone have experience with the PRE-PRMC plan on the RN website? I’m a tad confused.. some sessions are “Load Carry - 15KG - 2 mile” .. I’m curious, does this mean 2 miles steady pace with the weight or best effort?

10. sharpe

sharpe Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi cheath, pretty sure it’s a walk with weight. Not a run

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1