PRMC Training Plan by @arny01

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Matty7181, Nov 2, 2015.

1. d3v

d3v Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Nope! Atleast not for me. I've not had a single problem with this program, but have reaped fitness gains week in week out. Get on it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  2. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Brilliant! Thanks!

3. CSVern

CSVern Active Member

Not necessarily, but you'll have to make sure you're technique is decent enough that you don't put yourself at more risk of injury.
    I'd suggest that if you start running at that intensity don't push through any niggles, if any occur then identify why they've come up, rest until it's healed and then make a change so they don't come up again.

• Like Like x 2
  4. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

If your just starting out, I'd recommend starting at 50% volume and building from there. Listening to your body early on is vital for injury avoidance. @d3v played it perfect, he listened to his body. Took it gradual and I believe is now at full volume with no issues, and strong stats across the board.

• Like Like x 1
  5. d3v

d3v Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

Pretty much. The first week I tried the program I did it as prescribed, but did 1xBFT instead of two and the 8 miler best efforts for 6 miler best efforts.

Then had 3 days rest before starting the 2nd week and immediately smashed my previous BFT PB got 09:11 down from 09:30 that was stuck for months!

From then I was hooked however I went through a painstakingly slow period of adaptation that forced me to take loads of boring rest days and it's only been the last 5-6 weeks that I've been able to run this program as prescribed, going in to each new week without any rest days between.

I still have not done the 2x BFT and the two 8miler best efforts are always between 6-7 miles for me, so it's not 100% volume however I can keep it up week in week out without burning out like I did for the first 2-3 months on this program.

Re hill sprint day it took me at least 5 sessions for my body to adapt to the demands. First time I did hill sprint day the next week I could not physically sprint up the hill after the 2nd rep.
    There was a 15 day gap between me attempting the hill sprint day again and then 10 days, then 8 days then finally I was able to do hill sprint day once a week just fine.

Also I went from 10 sprints to 15 then hovered at 12-15 for a few weeks then finally the past three hill sprint days I'm able to do the full 20 repeats no trouble and only last week started to do the 10xsquats/lunges at the top of the hill after the 15th rep which increased my 3mile return by a whole minute!

The hill also looks physically smaller the fitter you get at doing hill sprints.

This program takes time to adapt to it but is WELL worth it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  6. Rosie

Rosie Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Guys,

having read the whole of the thread start to finish, what is absolute cut-off for the return PJFT and BFT (ignoring the best effort part)?

I've seen both 10:00 and 10:30 quoted here.

Thanks,

7. ADAMERITH

ADAMERITH Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    PJFT = 1.5mile in 12:30mins followed by 1.5 mile in 10mins. (On a treadmill at 2% Incline)

BFT = 1.5mile in 12:30mins followed by 1.5 mile in 10:30mins. (Outside on PRMC)

For the BFT you really! want to be aiming for 9:30 atleast, on PJFT just secure that pass. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rosie

Rosie Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thanks @ADAMERITH,

my son is just starting to get his head around it. Very clear.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Yes the Pjft is under 10 mins. A time of 9:59 will get you a slot on a Prmc. My personal view is that the Bft is indeed a 10:30 pass time, but the ideal mindset is to aim for under 9 mins, as that is what's considered a decent time. I don't have the figures, but I believe not many lads, who don't acheive under 10 mins on Prmc actually pass.

• Like Like x 2
  10. d3v

d3v Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Just finished another week of arny's plan yesterday, making that the 8th week on the trot most with 0 rest days between starting each new week, sometimes 1-2.

Leg strength/endurance and recovery capacity has increased massively from this plan, and not sleepy/tired at night time at like I used to be.

PRMC is 10 days away so if I start a 9th week of arny's plan today then that will give me 3 full days rest before getting on the train to CTCRM which fits nicely within the given timeframe

I think I'll do the 2xBFT for the first time today!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  11. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Good effort.

Best of luck with PRMC.

12. ERFC

ERFC Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Get plenty of rest lads before PRMC. I took 4 days off and only swam a couple of days before PRMC and managed to smash every PB bar one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  13. Patch87

Patch87 Member

Hey,

What a great workout! I've took it upon myself to make some images with each of the workouts on it. Thought I'd share them here in hope they'd be of use to someone else also.

I've made them to be displayed Ideally on a Phone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    They look quality mate good effort

15. Goody95

Goody95 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Passed my prmc on the one just gone and just wanted to say how good arnys plan is! Cheers Arny! If you're training for prmc you can't go wrong if you use this plan. If you're new to training break into it gradually and just build it up

• Like Like x 3
  16. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Wow mate!! They look amazing!! I'm blown away that someones taken the time to do that!!

• Like Like x 3
  17. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Massive congratulations to you! Pleased the plan is still relevant, and still helping lads!! Great stuff!! And good luck for RT. Don't wrap!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

@Patch87 50m-vomit--vomit- :eek::eek:bleep test level 11-15???? If someone can crack that!! I'll be well impressed!! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  19. Patch87

Patch87 Member

oops! Well noticed, haha! I've amended it to 20m now, thanks @arny01

I've also improved the resolution as it came out a bit low. And arranged them into an order.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  20. H01ty

H01ty Active Member

Awesome graphics there! Just need to change APFA to RMFA as APFA is the army name for it. But think I will be saving these to my phone if you don't mind.

• Like Like x 1