PRMC Training Plan by @arny01

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Matty7181, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Patch87

Patch87 Member

Amended, thanks H01ty. I've also made this sheet to record your gains. Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

• Hoofin Hoofin x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. glos94

glos94 Active Member

Where do you guys do your bleep test/Rmfa? I used to have a gym with a 20m track but sadly don't anymore so am trying to find a new place to do it.

Best I've got so far is a park, bleep on concrete, pull ups on monkey bars not sure about sit ups. Could use sports hall at leisure centre but can't guarantee it's free.

3. Sheffblade

Sheffblade Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Bleep test on local park then nip 2 min down road to gym to do others

4. tom7

tom7 Member

I thought the vo2 was 20 metres

5. Patch87

Patch87 Member

Dammit, it didn't change. Now it's amended!

Thanks. @tom7 01 Arnys-Workout-Monday.png

6. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Quick question can you do another swim session on the Wednesday or is it best to have a complete rest day, and could you try and introduce fintan circuits or would this be to much.

7. C

C Resigned account

@arny01 perhaps you've answered this before elsewhere but the hill sprints, you say to do them in sets of 5 does that mean take a minute or two in between each 5 to increase the working intensity or is it just mentally break them down into sets of five for reasons of sanity?

8. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Ye. Take a minute or 2 between sets of 5. Have a sip of water or shake the legs out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Yes crack another swim if you feel it would benefit you, active recovery does wonders. Id avoid a fintan tho, unless you feel it's something that brings more benefit than other gym sessions. If that's the case, swap out a gym session for a fintan. Whatever works best for you.

10. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  11. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Just to clarify with the 10 squats and 10 lunges on hill sprints do you do that after each sprint on the 2nd and 3rd set or, do you just do them on the last sprint for them.

12. john lewis

john lewis Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    After every sprint of the 2nd and 3rd set

• Like Like x 1
  13. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
  14. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

You got it right. Second and third block of 5 to consist of 10 squats 10 lunges after each effort.

• Like Like x 1
  15. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Reading through the previous posts, it says you should only do this programme for 10-12 weeks, does this also include the hill sprints. And would the gainer technique work as well, so just add 1 rep each week. And do you need the rest day after the hill sprints as I plan to start them tomorrow and do circuits after but Tuesday isn't a rest day for me. Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

16. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Yes.

Whatever you feel works best for you. The gainers technique works excellent! And was devised by someone far more qualified than me.

17. C

C Resigned account

12 weeks is a great time frame to get some good adaptations in before changing it up.

I think if you're a while off PRMC a helpful way to split your training up is to split the year up into 4 12 week blocks with a week de-load in between, keeps it simple and organised. Then if your want you can go and further split that 12 into 3 or 4 week blocks particularly useful if you're say building up the volume on a programme ie. first 4 weeks 8 sessions per week, then 9, then 10 etc.. or are coming closer to an event and can increase specificity.

Edit: Beaten to it by the man himself, but as someone who's had trouble keeping structure to their training over the years the above is starting to help me keep my training in order in my head.

• Like Like x 1
  18. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
  19. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    My current scores are for press ups, sit ups, and pull ups are:
    press ups 31
    sit ups 85
    pull ups 10

my sit ups are fine so i dont think i really not to work on them, and i have a really good method for improving my pull ups at a rate of about 1 pull up a week/week and a half
    only thing is press ups for me, i really want to improve them but I'm struggling, if i just do the weighted pull ups twice a week, will that be enough? or is there anything more i can do if i put less work into sit ups and pull ups?

20. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Did my first hill sprints session today and did everything that is said to. Only problems are I couldn't do 3 miles after only 2 and, I'm not to sure if my hill is long enough. Is there an app or something out there that will tell you clearly.

Also MozzaLUFC have you heard of gainers, they work wonders. YouTube Sean Lerwill gainers, the video will tell you everything.