PRMC Training Plan by @arny01

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Matty7181, Nov 2, 2015.

1. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    yeah i have been doing them the past couple days, but wasnt sure if they were the best thing or not, but ill keep at it then if they are really good!

2. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    In my opinion I think there really good. They've got me from 28 to the bleep to 57 on press ups in about 5 months.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

Nice one! 3 more to squeeze out and you'll be maxing out well done!

4. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Cheers, I should hopefully have the stats maxed when I get t0 PRMC.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm fairly confident ill be able to get max score on sit ups and pull ups by the time i do my prmc, so my press ups shouldnt really matter, I'm currently on about 31 to the bleep, but i just feel like it will be important for me to do more press ups just to help in training, and obviously to get the best score possible.

6. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Yeah, by the looks of it push ups are given as punishment for a lot of things. And the more you can do at PRMC the more points.

7. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    what I'm mainly worried about is the two 1.5 mile runs, i got 10 minutes 10 at my royal marine acquant day but apparently the distance may not have been completely correct and he said to add 25 seconds on, which would leave me with 10:35, but the problem is there isnt anywhere near by that is completely flat that i can run it, so my times are a worse and its hard to see if I'm improving, is this training program the best way to improve my time?

8. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

Sounds a bit like an excuse to me ;) train hard fight easy. If you do any route near you that is 1.5 miles even if it's got some hills in it, if you can pass it with a <10:00 return with the hills then you should pass on flat road.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MozzaLUFC

MozzaLUFC New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    yeah i get what you're saying, its just hard to tell what the time would be if it was on all flat, and every now and then i seem to hit a bit of a wall on my time, when i first started training i was knocking 30 secs off each time, then i hit a wall at around 12 minutes return time, then i managed to get it to about 11 mins, and ive been struggling since then to get it much lower, but anyway I'm going to keep working hard and hopefully i can get my time down below 10 minutes!

10. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Just a question regarding hill sprints. I'm worried that the hill I use isn't steep enough, I think length wise it's good but I'm not sure how to measure the gradient, does anyone know an app or something. Also I can only seem to run about 1.5 miles to 2 miles at the 7:30min pace, shall I just carry on till 3 even if it isn't fast or just increase the distance each week, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

11. nat4118

nat4118 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    In regards to hill sprints, find the biggest hill near you and use it. A lot of guys on hear had to run 1.5 miles to a good hill so used that as a warmup. In terms of distance/speed, heavy sets of squats helped me massively in building up my leg strength (make sure your form is bang on and you build up to a heavy weight if your legs are not used to it) also fintans and one 6 mile run per week. A Marine on my RMAD also recommended tabata sprints on a treadmill at a 6% incline for 3 sets which is a killer.

12. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I do the 1.5m warm up to the hill, which is the biggest near me. And I do the squats and lunges on the 2nd and 3rd sets. I also do fintans 4 times a week. I'm also increasing the mileage on my longish runs, nearly at 4 mile at a decent pace. However with weighted squats I'm currently on 40kg but I do 3 sets of 17 reps because I'm trying to build endurance, by the sounds of it on this forum it says if you do weights do high reps, is this correct?

13. nat4118

nat4118 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    After passing my PRMC, I was advised by a pti to do heavy squats 5x5 then onto something like box jumps or something similar to work both fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibres for both slow and explosive movements. Try stuff that isn't as much of an impact on your joints like swimming or cycling.

• Like Like x 1
  14. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I might start doing that if I pass my PRMC. And I swim twice a week, but I don't cycle. Also with the hill sprints are you sussposed to walk or jog down.

15. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Walk down. Slow as you like to recover.

16. wackojacko544

wackojacko544 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Notorious

Notorious New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    What do BFT and APFA mean?

18. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

BFT = Basic Fitness Test (1.5 mile/2.4 km in 12:30 out + 1.5/2.4 km return < 10:30 done outside)
    APFM = Is incorrect and is supposed to be RMFA (Royal Marines Fitness Assessment i.e. Bleep Test + Press Ups, Sit Ups, Pull Ups to the Bleep)

19. SirPablo27

SirPablo27 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview

20. NorthernYomper

NorthernYomper Member

@MozzaLUFC Hi mate, you say you've got a really good way of improving pull-ups. Do you mind if I ask what it is? Pull-ups are definitely my weakest area.

Cheers.