PRMC vs RM

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Does the PRMC really give u a good indicator of how hard RM will be.

i think what im trying to say is " is everyday in RM the same as the PMRC " i mean as in physical exercises ??

or is it even harder

Ben

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Aye, you'll be going in full fighting order, as in backpack, clothes, rifle, and don't remember if you wear boots on PRMC?

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say not, doing pt the same as prmc everyday you will be nackered in a few weeks, i'd a thought there would be time in class rooms etc so u no time to rest so to speak, just my 2p worth.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
No real comparison

The PRMC gives no real comparison to what basic training is really like. It assesses you, finding out if you've got the potential to undergo the basic training. Its all about finding those who give 100% effort and who have the grit, guts and determination required to make the grade.

Cheers

Steve

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aye, you'll be going in full fighting order, as in backpack, clothes, rifle, and don't remember if you wear boots on PRMC?

now that will be hard , i only ever run in t shirt and shorts , i can not even imagine what its like to run with full gear and sh!ttty boots

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey lad training is hard. They have lost 5 men just from training, 2 heart fails and 1 drowned and the rest i dunno. Could of been more deaths as that was from back in 2000. Its scary that people have died in training.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think that training will be harder in the long run but you are built up to it arent you. PRMC is 3 days of intense physical assessments and when in RT you have a lot of class room time, and a lot of admin! Especially at the start.

Obviously i havent got there yet, but i gleaned that from my friend who has since passed out.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i would have thought the prmc is more intense. obv there will be times in training where u will be working harder tho

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Think of PRMC just as a taster day. The learning curve is very steap!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I think that training will be harder in the long run but you are built up to it arent you. PRMC is 3 days of intense physical assessments and when in RT you have a lot of class room time, and a lot of admin! Especially at the start.

Obviously i havent got there yet, but i gleaned that from my friend who has since passed out.

I'd go along with that- however, it would obviously be foolhardy to even consider allowing fitness standards to lapse between PRMC and starting Recruit Training as you will be expected to improve upon the standards achieved on PRMC.

The level of fitness is similar but the frequency & tempo less intense than PRMC initially to allow the base level of equal fitness across the troop to be established, then move forward.

T-B

Reaction score
ds

Obviously *text deleted* Be Harder, Nuts Do Isn't it, After 8 Months *text deleted* Able 2 Run 30Miles *text deleted*, And U Start Running 3 :O Does Any1 Know If U Get Time Of, Cause I Know In The Normal Army Every 6 Weeks U Get Like 4 Days 2 Go Home Are W.e., Is That The Same For The Marines. . . I Wouldnt Fink So, Just Not Sure ??? Does Any1 Know ???

jimbob4444

Reaction score
to be honest PRMC is a piece of *text deleted* and you will realise how easy it was when you start RT

As for the time off you get a weekend off after three weeks, then again after 9 weeks and 15 weeks. im not sure about after week 22 because thats when I got MD'd. also you get two weeks at easter, christmas and summer

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A friend of mine, who is an RM says the PRMC was pretty much piss, HOWEVER, if you can get yourself fit enough to pass, physically you should have no problem progressing to your passout, also assuming you receive no bad injuries. You slowly progress, and when your finally doing the Commando tests, you won't physically feel any stronger, however when you look back on running metrics you were trying to hit before joining up, you will then understand how much better shape your really in. The difference is that the RM's are pushing you to the MAX, almost every time. You may think you pushed yourself hard on your run, but until your running with other people, and a man yelling at you to keep going, your body has no choice but to improve and adapt to this new demanding lifestyle.

T-B

Reaction score
DC

Cheers Mateys :) Are You Aloud 2 Drink Tea In RT ??? Whats RT Stand For Anyway, Royal Training Are Somethings ??? Whats The Food Like ??? Had People Say Its Propa Good, Yano Cuss There Tryna Keep U Eatin Healthy, But Ive Heard People Say Its *text deleted**text deleted* :O

Snihur84

Reaction score
Cheers Mateys :) Are You Aloud 2 Drink Tea In RT ??? Whats RT Stand For Anyway, Royal Training Are Somethings ??? Whats The Food Like ??? Had People Say Its Propa Good, Yano Cuss There Tryna Keep U Eatin Healthy, But Ive Heard People Say Its *text deleted**text deleted* :O

Hey mate not sure on the tea? But i don't know why u wouldn't be aloud?? RT stands for Recruit Training, hope that helps!