any requirments been updated/changed?

• run time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • anything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wannabecannonfodder

Reaction score
Im wondering if the run times have been changed again as thats my biggest weakness as it just bores the life out of me get me in the sit ups, press ups etc id smash it. if times havent changed how long would it take for me to imrove my 1.5 mile time and decrease it by a minute or more. Thanks

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the run times have been changed again as thats my biggest weakness as it just bores the life out of me get me in the sit ups, press ups etc id smash it. if times havent changed how long would it take for me to imrove my 1.5 mile time and decrease it by a minute or more. Thanks

Changed from what? It hasnt changed in a longtime.

It depends how hard and how dedicated you are to training?

If running bores you so much, how do you think you will get on in an Observation Post for days, watching very little happen for hours at a time?

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Running is probably the main part of RM fitness, both during RT and then in a Unit. The ability to move quickly over ground is an essential element of being a Royal Marine.

Ways to improve? Get out on the treadmill, streets, tracks and hills and your times will improve.

Alan

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A good way of familiarising oneself with the content of the PRMC is having a read through the latest diary and the officially issued and posted PRMC brief.

If you are mixing-up you cv training and changing your routes, it helps relieve the monotony, as does running/cycling/swimming with a training partner. Once the pjft is passed, ditch the treadmill.