PRMC

MrJamesUp

Reaction score
Hi lads. Been an incredible journey of really changing my life around to get to the PRMC and thankfully passing it first time. At the time i hated the course, for obvious reasons :D but after completing each test you get an amazing feeling of achievement and self development in which i believe only the royal marines can give. Had a lot of help on this forum so willing to give back. So feel free to ask questions. and best of luck to everyone.

MrJamesUp

Reaction score
Well done mate!

When do you start RT?
Hoping to start RT in September. Reason for leaving it till then is for a number of reasons. One i dont want to rush into it. Two i want to be at my peak physical condition for RT as well as loads of ironing practice before hand :D. But mainly to improve on my swimming. I can swim lengths for ages but when it comes to dives im a bit iffy. So going to get diving lessons for the next 3 months so i can get into RT 110% ready with no messing around.

PRMH

Reaction score
Hoping to start RT in September. Reason for leaving it till then is for a number of reasons. One i dont want to rush into it. Two i want to be at my peak physical condition for RT as well as loads of ironing practice before hand :D. But mainly to improve on my swimming. I can swim lengths for ages but when it comes to dives I'm a bit iffy. So going to get diving lessons for the next 3 months so i can get into RT 110% ready with no messing around.

Sounds sensible and mature, I feel like certain elements of my fitness have increased and others have just been maintained however I wouldn’t leave it too late, the version of you that passsed PRMC is the version they want in RT.

Once again, well done on passing PRMC! It certainly isn’t for the faint hearted.

MrJamesUp

Reaction score
Sounds sensible and mature, I feel like certain elements of my fitness have increased and others have just been maintained however I wouldn’t leave it too late, the version of you that passsed PRMC is the version they want in RT.

Once again, well done on passing PRMC! It certainly isn’t for the faint hearted.
Thank you and i fully understand what you're saying. I heard stories of lads resting too much between PRMC and RT then loosing scores on the gym tests when they do it again in foundation. I plan to increase in all elements of fitness. Thanks again buddy and best of luck to you

PRMH

Reaction score
As long as you have got that in your mind and you keep yourself sharp, I hope you won’t have to much of a problem.

Thank you, nervous for RT but I’m sure all the lads in my troop will be feeling the exact same way.