Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. saltyboy7

saltyboy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Had my interview over 3 weeks ago, arranged with careers advisor that I’d do my PRMC mid September. Have been in contact with them and they are still waiting for a date. Is this normal? From what I have read on here most find out pretty quickly when it will be.

2. Geespt

Geespt Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yours might take a little longer as summer leave will have just ended at Lympstone and the first PRMC again will probably be around mid September so might just be a long waiting list.

Just keep doing what your doing and stay in contact with your careers advisor and you’ll get a date soon enough.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Yep, the first PRMCs after main leave do fill rapidly. Possibly the guy in Portsmouth, who manually allocates the places is on leave but as you've passed PJFT and all other elements leading up to PRMC, three weeks to hear is a bit excessive, so if there's nothing on the recruiting portal or in your junk mail, I'd be inclined to give your AFCO a call.

Also, you should've completed your security clearance application by now - if not, give them a nudge or your entry date could be delayed after passing PRMC.

Let us know how you get on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. saltyboy7

saltyboy7 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I’ve badgered my advisor a couple times, he’s said he’d be in contact when he’s got something. Vetting site has been down for the last week or two so haven’t quite finished it yet, should be done this week. Cheers

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Interesting. Message me the location of your AFCO if you like & I'll see if I can find out why there's a hold-up.