Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMRC 24-26 April 2019

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Commando2912, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I've been given just over 3 months to train for my PRMRC.
    Currently I can run 3 miles non stop in 27:30
    I can do 10 push ups
    20 sit ups and no pull ups yet
    Any advice on how to train to get my fitness up in the short time I've got to train for it.

2. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I’d massively postpone that mate and train hard for 6 months!!

3. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It was a RMR Expereince night last night and there was around 100 people there and a hell of a lot of them signed a sheet to get an application or whatever and the marines I talked to seemed confident it's enough time to train as long as I train hard. I must say I am confident I will pass.

4. MORP

MORP Member

I've been training hard from September (beforehand I was lifting weights 5x a week)
    I have incresed my pullups by 3
    I have increased my situps my 22
    I have increased my press ups by 20
    I have knocked approximately 90 seconds off my 1.5 mile run

This is the sort of improvement you'll see in 5 months on average, so don't expect any miracles. I'd definitely think about postponing that prmc though

5. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Everyone's different, a marine I met said he just done football 3 times a week and had a month to train for his prmrc and he passed at 17, same age as me

• Like Like x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  6. MORP

MORP Member

But he probably had a decent base - there's no point in booking a prmc if you can't do a pullup or scrape the minimum for the 1.5 return - I'm just trying to warn you that it's a much longer process to add reps than you anticipate

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. corvus

corvus Member

get on @arny01 's prmc programme on here it works wonders for gains in a short amount of time, however with the level you are currently at for 3 months i would say is ambitious.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  8. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I've found a pre prmc pdf file on the navys website that is 12 weeks long and each week it gets progressively harder, for example week 1 day 1 is stuff like press ups,10 reps x2 sets and the same for sit ups also I am doing something that sean Leerwill mentioned online is to do gainers which is basically add one rep to each exercise every day, so 10 push ups sit ups etc and the next day do 11 and so on.

9. Saz

Saz Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    Can totally recommend @arny01 programme

10. NO.SF&G

NO.SF&G New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    As a few have already said, Arny's programme is great. I'll also have to agree that 3 months, at the scores you're currently getting currently, are a little optimistic. I don't doubt that you can increase your fitness very quickly if you put your mind to it but 3 months is only 12 weeks which will not allow proper muscular endurance to be gained. Give your body the time it needs and you will be much better off in the long run.

11. Jaykay2343

Jaykay2343 Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I admire your enthusiam and confidence...

...however you only have 12 weeks as already stated. I had similar stats to yours and took me 7 months to get and feel prmc fit. And even though I had a brilliant day 2 on bottom field and endurance course, on day 1 I only scraped a pass on the old 180 points system...and I trained very very hard for 7 months for that.

Again people are different but i feel 12 weeks is too soon. Don't rely on adrenaline and luck because it doesn't work like that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheBreak

TheBreak New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    You mentioned you were 17; how come you’re doing RMR and not reg?

13. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

12 week's isnt long to get PRMC fit, but is definitely enough time to improve on your current stats.
    Just be minful of overtraining. I was previously in a similar situation to you (time wise; 14 weeks), and hit training far too hard (too much, too early), which resulted in injury.

From couch to PRMC fit, I would suggest 5-7 months.

All the best

14. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Exactly everyone is different, some people are natural phys specimens and can smash a sub 9 return out without training and be strong with their body weight. But that Isnt everyone.

15. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    By the way I've chopped off 9 mins of my 3 mile run, last time I did 3 miles was end of November and since then I've been doing crossfit once a week and maybe some pushups and sit ups and pull ups at night and that's when I wasn't training specifically for anything and training half arsed,now I'm focused and training 5- 6 times a week and eating super clean and healthy so I've got a good idea what's going to happen with my fitness from now onwards

16. LG1664

LG1664 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I was in a similar situation as yourself just over a year ago mate. I always used to go to the gym and never really done much running so when I applied my stats weren’t strong at all. Was probably getting over 20 push ups, 30 sit ups, 10 pull ups, can’t remember what my running was like but it wasn’t good. Took me a good 5-6 months to get PRMC fit, and during that I was injured a few times. The stats you’ve got just now mate aren’t the best and when you get down to PRMC you’ve really got to pick up as many points as you can on the first day. Three months will fly in, it’s not an awful lot of time.

17. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I mean in my 3 mile route there's one big *text deleted* off hill like I'm talking a good 300m up it and I go down it at the start but back up it at the end which I noticed if it was flat it would be piss easy and there's also a small hill about a mile in and trust me it's the flatest route I've worked out possible

18. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

In that case you'd best put on your running shoes and hit the pavement. :)

If your stats are not considerably better than adequate before your PRMC request a deferment from your Careers Adviser until you are properly prepared. Keep him or her informed about your progress.
    Don't attempt to cuff your PRMC. You need to be aiming to exceed all criteria. Best of luck.

19. LG1664

LG1664 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I’m just trying to give you a bit of advice mate, for someone that can’t even do a pull up and can only do 10 push ups, 3 months sounds a bit of a squeeze.

20. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers bud, I've just started my application today, I'm still in this stage it's because I was at the RMR Expereince night and I spoke to the CO or whatever you call him and he says 3 and a half months is plenty time for someone my age especially if I played rugby, and we got a lecture telling us the prmrc dates, there's one in March and the one in doing in April. If you've ever heard of David goggins, he lost 106 pounds in 2 months to start navy seal training, he's human and so am I, plus since last night I could hardly do 10 and after a good 8hr sleep I'm easily doing 12- 15 for both push ups and sit ups. I'm doing cv training every 2 or 3rd day depending on how long I need to recover. If your also wondering why I don't just wait? Well I really can't be bothered waiting over a year just to have a crack at my prmc and never mind it will be nearly 2 years until rt starts. Trust me I am confident in my ability and I have put my absolute mind and heart to getting this passed.