Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PRMRC TRAINING PLAN

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Commando2912, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So I have my PRMRC at the end of april, I am training solid until then.
    Does anyone have a training plan that would be suitable for the time scale( about 12 weeks) I need one that I can guarantee it's use and not have to swap to something else 6 weeks in.

2. springbok

springbok New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Well there's the pre PRMC training programme or arnys plan

• Like Like x 1
  3. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Use @arny01's plan. It's a proven winner.

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  4. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    And I can adjust his plan to fit my fitness? I think the 8 miler would wreck my legs at the moment so I could just do maybe a 4 or 5 miler to compensate until I'm ready

• Like Like x 1
  5. J20012001

J20012001 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    I did that for awhile came out fine if your in the app stage I’d do the 8 mile though

6. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah I just submitted my application today actually. Is it ok if I need to stop or slow down for a few secs

7. J20012001

J20012001 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Not too sure mate, someone will know, I just don’t want to give out information that is wrong as I haven’t attempted PRMC. Someone will reply though

8. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers bud

9. Something Original

Something Original New Member

The more you run 8 miles, the better become at it. Feel free to work up to it. Bear in mind that Commando Tests week, you're going to be physically broken doing a 9 mile on rough terrain carrying weapon+webbing.

Being able to run a little less than that distance on a road and unloaded before you start training seems like a good part to aim to have your fitness. It won't do you any harm to be able to comfortably run that, so getting used to running that distance will be useful for when you do it in training.

Being appropriately fit is a good way to get ready for the longest job interview of your life, chap

• Like Like x 1
  10. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Cheers mate, I think I'm going to work up to it but not at a comfortable pace i want to push myself. I think ill do a 4 or 5 miler tommorow morning and add maybe half a mile every couple of days.

11. ImBatman

ImBatman Member

@arny01 training plan.
    I used this, along with doing the press ups, sit ups and pull ups everyday straight after the phys sessions. Achieved a B grade.

• Like Like x 3
  12. springbok

springbok New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ya he replied to a similar question on another thread and said you can half it or even quarter it to start and build up to fully completing it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Not putting a buster on it mate but you have just submitted your application? How do you know you are doing your PRMC in April? That's either incredibly optimistic or I have missed something.

*EDIT* Is assumed PRMRC was a typo, is this the reserves? If so I can understand the difference now!

14. Commando2912

Commando2912 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yeah mate it's the reserves I was at the reserves experience night for the Glasgow detachment and the CO said to everyone during the lecture that their is a prmc (r) at the end of march and end of April. I told him I want to apply for the April one and he said it's probably to late for the march one but I'll need to apply within a week to get onto the April one or it's a years wait to try again.

15. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Wow, I had no idea mate. Everyday is a lesson!