<>Problem<>

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys,

got a bit of a problem *text deleted* its my job i work in a place that is to to to far for £3.40 an hour with £2.80 train fare, its hardly worth me going it takes me 6-7hours of my day to do a 3hr shift (£10 p/s) . its depressing me now and want to leave as i only manage to get £20-£30 pounds a week takeaway about £7 fare that again drops to £22 or £13p/w is it worth staying and the music is the same day in day out always on tills, this is definatley affecting my morale and find it very hard to keep my training up due to the lack of money etc... and hours wasted. i am seriously thinking quiting because i know it is not worth it, morale again definatley getting me down.

i know if i quit i will have no job for now but i hate it so much but would i be better off having no job for now and train whilst looking for a new one, plus parents will say well you have to stay and we all have to do things we don't like doing <--- this last quote is always used when this happens, they to don't see the stress of doing this pathetic 3hr shift!!

thanks in advance,

CJ

EDIT: i know i may have to crack on but its a Pain in the A*se trying to get a train then get a replacement to another station then get on a another station to change trains then walk for 25mins to work. :mad: :mad:

smithy85

Reaction score
Hello, that sounds like alot of hassle and time just to get your £10 for the shift. What is it exactly that you do and how come you only get paid £3.40 p/h? is this an apprenticeship? I would try looking for something a little closer to home, there must be something you can do that won't get you down so much and without all the time travelling you could maybe get some more training in :) always a bonus!

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys thanks so far,

i have been searching for a new job but no one has replied, so i am having doubts it would please me just to leave soon. sports direct aren't the best company to work for especially with the same set of music everyday for the last 7 months or so, always on tills etc...
+ no double pay for bank holidays or new years day which i worked, and no its not an apprenticeship its a real job.

CJ

AI RAMBOFOX

Reaction score
Hello CJ, i used to work for sports direct about a month and a half ago. I got so fed up and verbually abused the management i quit. I would never work for that company again, and i was in the same position as you. I know when i felt like that it was so depressing and eventually i just didnt go back. The decisio up to you, how much do you need the money

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
this will be easier said then done, but at the end of the day its you working there not your parents so if you dont like it dont work there, even if it means being out a job for a few weeks. but seriously man that is a really bad job there is no way i would go for a job offering me anything under £5.50 an hour and with that i want at least 20 hours. Its *text deleted* suit you not anyone else

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
cheers guys geat advice, the money i like to have it but its a lot of work for it and having to do so many hours for what people earn in 1 is depressing. also no double pay this good friday as if! that would be a kind thing to do. the money is important but i could just about get by with whats left in my bank for a few weeks probs 1 month with out going to buy cloths etc... i will earn about £70 every 22 hours work. i am thinking do fridays and saturdays shift then quit it is not worth the effort get me last £70 off em and go, tills gets boring very boring i was on it for 6 hours today and probably 9 hours on saturday. i am getting to the stage where i don't care about having a job there its a let down.

ok so i won't have a job for a while, me dad will be dissapointed in me for quiting and saying "we all have to do things we don't like doing" thing is he is not the one getting the 1hr train journey + i always miss return train because they never let us out on time, e.g. if i finish at 6 i will have to get the 18:45pm train plus 1hr that takes me to 19:45pm before i have even got off the train. ok sometimes i have a lift home but the point still stands.

PLEASE KEEP THE REPLIES COMING

regards

CJ

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh this sucks! Working for peanuts should be banned. I was made redundant and now no one wants to employ me and the Marines said 'Make sure you get a job in the meantime' well I refuse to work for a 16 year olds minimum wage because quite frankly it takes the Pee Eye Double S. I've actually wrote 56 application forms out for jobs within a 12 mile radius and 1 even replied saying saying 'Miss, we have deemed you unsuitable for this job' Seriously? My name is uni-sex and on the application form it asked if I was male or female!

Standards are low! Thank *text deleted* I'm joining the forces. Anyhow as my dad always says "Never quit a job without having a job to go to!" also get it in writing!

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
so what do i do stay or go? I cn guarentee that i will be on tills for every shift.

Cj

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
pack it mate no point doing a job u hate is there? get training for *text deleted* marines..no clothes? its a sacrifice worth making mate

james

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi again,

my dad agrees that i should get out of here but i think he wants me to have another job to go to straight away. fair enough, but i just would like to quit sooner rather than apply for another one and still go back to this current job and wait for ages. i am sick to ends of the earth with this job now. even if i haven't got one to go to.

that is what iam going to do.

would you agree?

CJ

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If you dont like it and its bringing you down that much, just tell them to *text deleted**text deleted* off, its not as if the money is worth it. Unless you need that money to survive Id just tell them to jog the *text deleted**text deleted* on with their job, explicitly highlight to the management just how *text deleted**text deleted* the job is. Then find another one.