Progression on sit ups!!

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
just wondering what is everyone doing to progress on their sit ups!

i have a routine on push ups with gets harder and longer as the weeks go on but i dont for my sit ups!!

if you could write down any set routines that would be great lads!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I just tend to to do as many sit ups as I can each session, in 3 sets, works for me. Some days I will do less to give myself a rest though.

Yesterday it was -
1 x 60 Sit ups
1 x 40 Sit ups
1 x 20 Sit ups

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
I just tend to to do as many sit ups as I can each session, in 3 sets, works for me. Some days I will do less to give myself a rest though.

Yesterday it was -
1 x 60 Sit ups
1 x 40 Sit ups
1 x 20 Sit ups
yeh sound mate cheers!!

anyone else got any routines??

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
Well i went to my local AFCO and they gave me a PRMC fitness schedule. It is suppose to prepare yourself for the PRMC within 6 weeks but i have to wait a 1 year :P

but in the booklet, they have examples of 3 sets of circuit:

1st = 20 alt knee to elbow
2nd = 25 alt knee to elbow
3rd = 20 alt knee to elbow

but these exercise are within a circuit with other exercises like Press-ups, squats, pull-ups, box jumps, tricep dips, half-sit and lunges so it does take a lot of you :D

Even with this booklet telling you what to do, I always add normal sit-ups at the end of it, just to increase the intensity of the exercise. I would normally do:

1st = 15
2nd = 20
3rd = Max (least 10)

but to be honest, towards the end of the session i'm sweating buckets :P

Good luck with training and everything,

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
Well i went to my local AFCO and they gave me a PRMC fitness schedule. It is suppose to prepare yourself for the PRMC within 6 weeks but i have to wait a 1 year :P

but in the booklet, they have examples of 3 sets of circuit:

1st = 20 alt knee to elbow
2nd = 25 alt knee to elbow
3rd = 20 alt knee to elbow

but these exercise are within a circuit with other exercises like Press-ups, squats, pull-ups, box jumps, tricep dips, half-sit and lunges so it does take a lot of you :D

Even with this booklet telling you what to do, I always add normal sit-ups at the end of it, just to increase the intensity of the exercise. I would normally do:

1st = 15
2nd = 20
3rd = Max (least 10)

but to be honest, towards the end of the session i'm sweating buckets :P

Good luck with training and everything,
yeh mate ive got that booklet its the green prmc one isnt it!!
how come you have got to wait a year??

keep posting *text deleted* routines lads!

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
yeh mate thats the one, its pretty good to used as a guidline for a fitness schedule,

i have to wait a year because i have to complete two years of 6th form first, but i think i can start applying in a year (suks i know)

but my trainin is goin good cant wait to apply :bigsmile:

hows your training goin *text deleted*? When are you signin up? or have you already?

jczopczyc123

Reaction score
yeh mate thats the one, its pretty good to used as a guidline for a fitness schedule,

i have to wait a year because i have to complete two years of 6th form first, but i think i can start applying in a year (suks i know)

but my trainin is goin good cant wait to apply :bigsmile:

hows your training goin *text deleted*? When are you signin up? or have you already?
yeh my trainings goin good got my prmc in 7 weeks!! been goin to gym throu day and running 6 miles on a night or running 3 miles in under 22 mins!! *text deleted*ing hard tho!!

signing up as a regular bootneck!! cant wait!! i start tomorrow if i could!!

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This is what I do and i find it helps alot.

3 sets of:

1.) Press ups..(reps based on ability)
2.) Leg raisers.. (I always keep to 25 reps on these as I see them as an exercise mainly to make the rest of the abb workout harder)
3.) Sit ups..(reps based on ability)
4.) Crunches..(reps based on ability)

In the second set I tend to raise all activities by 5 reps (with the exception of leg raisers) and then in the third do best effort.

Hope this helps.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i can do 100 and odd sit ups and i mean the proper ones the way you haved to do them on the prmc, alt knees to elbows realy help mate an i mean tha.
there so helpful, so after youve been running do as many as them as u can and the next day do as many sit-ups and youl soon get better

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
This is what I do and i find it helps alot.

3 sets of:

1.) Press ups..(reps based on ability)
2.) Leg raisers.. (I always keep to 25 reps on these as I see them as an exercise mainly to make the rest of the abb workout harder)
3.) Sit ups..(reps based on ability)
4.) Crunches..(reps based on ability)

In the second set I tend to raise all activities by 5 reps (with the exception of leg raisers) and then in the third do best effort.

Hope this helps.

Are leg raisers the same as flutter kicks?

Joe

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAgonpfMZsM

Leg raisers are on that at 4.20 :)

Remember to keep your head flat on the ground and legs must be straight.

To make them abit harder, I pull my hips up when my legs reach the upper most point. It's hard to explain but you'll know what I mean when you do them.