Prolotherapy

Corona

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all

Recently saw a physio who's been trying to help get rid of my shin splints and unfortunately are not making too much progress. She's recommended me to do this treatment, but I've never heard of it before: http://somersethealthpractice.co.uk/prolotherapy-treatment-glastonbury.html

Does anyone have any experience with it, is it worth the cost? (just checked the website and its £180!! :eek:)

Thanks all

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Really..?..as a clue Dextrose is simple sugar..so make your own mind up! Some think it works others say it,s cobblers -It is an irritant and nothing more that may or may not produce a response that can be connected to healing - is classed as a CAM - complementary and alternative medicine and not a recognised treatment under NHS

Chelonian

Reaction score
The clinic referred to is located in Glastonbury, Somerset.
That speaks volumes by itself for many. Glastonbury is the snake oil capital of the UK closely followed by Totnes, Devon. Easier to find a shop selling a supposed cancer-curing Himalayan crystal than a pint of milk in either town.

Don't get me started on the drug-addled, bearded loons who stagger about the streets. And the men are just as bad.

I'm not knocking all alternative medicine but it's an unregulated environment in the UK and should be researched with caution as well as an open mind.