Protein Shakes

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Heard some people on here talking about protein shakes on here but i'm not sure where to go to get them. Had a look on the internet and there's like a billion different places to get them from and most give you them in chocolate flavour which i'm not sure about because these things are supposed to be horrible. So anyway if there is a specific website or place you guys get the shakes from please reply.
Cheers.

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
find your local health food shop, every city normally has a GNC or a Holland and Barrats in the shopping centre. and on the subject of them tasting to nice well, you got to make sure there are no lumps because the powder is horrible, but once mixed up with milk its pretty nice, not as great as normal milkshake, but if you dont drink normaly milk shake you wont know the difference. Also i have a strawberry one which i find pretty nice.

if you havn't taken a protein shake befor look into getting the "milk and egg" protien shake, its just some peoples bodies cant take the shakes and they either vomit or s*text deleted*t it out.

greenlid

Reaction score
Hello lads, used to work in a supplement shop to I know a bit about the stuff. It depends how much you want to spend and whether you want a pure protein shake or on ewith other supplements in there as well. The best protein drink I've ever had is Anator P70, however it retails at around £70-£80 depending on where you go, but that only lasts about 2.5 weeks.
http://www.affordablesupplements.co.uk/

This is another good site and quite reasonable priced. If you've got any questions give us a pm and I'll see what I can do.

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
Anator is a post-workout supplement isn't it? I remember being quite tempted to purchase some in the past, instead I used Torrent by Universal as it was a little more in my price bracket.

I've come off the Torrent though as the creatine in it was keeping a fair bit of weight on me that I don't need, I could imagine Anator doing the same really.

greenlid

Reaction score
Yeah Anator is post workout, one serving straight after training 3 times per week if I remember rightly. Used to take cell-tec hardcore as well great creatine supplement again quite price but for good gains in stregnth and size, a great supplement. Some of the BSN prducts are quite good, cellmass, nitrix etc are good get less water retention so better if you trying to keep the weight down. Yeah 100% gold whey is good tastes good as well.

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Some of the BSN prducts are quite good, cellmass, nitrix etc are good
Agreed, Experimented with a BSN stack a few months ago, Defo felt n saw Nitrix working, Out of the stack i took away one product from which i use now and that is No Xplode, Compared it to an old pre workout enhancer i used to use Ultimate Orange and No Xplode came out on top, Defo some good science behind the BSN products..

chew1e

Reaction score
best stuff i've used is Phd Pharma Whey and Dymatize Elite Whey. Phd is the better quality stuff tho.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
as im trying to lose a bit of weight because im fairly heavy i dont drink protein shakes too oftenthey contribute to weight gain, maybe once every 2 weeks, after i have beatest myself simply because of lack of enough protein to feed my body after. but i read that you guys would have one almost every day, do you recon it would be ok for me to do so and still be able to loose weight or would you suggest carrying on what im doing/

Leedham

Reaction score
Yeah you could have them every day, jus find one that has low calories and not many carbs. Few ppl at my old gym were tryna loose weight and they were havin 2 or 3 a day.

you want to loose weight but not loose your muscle! dont eat enough protein and your *text deleted* loose some muscle.

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
get down 2 holland and barrats an get the protein whey for a large tub that will last u about a month £12 *text deleted* theres a sale on it used to be £25 so id use that its helped me out alot Bannana flavour mixed with milf is nicee jus tastes lyk a milkshake opefulli dat elps haha.

Ant Bish