Protien shakes

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
as im starting to progress in my training a lot and i have seen significant results and i regularly work out i was told that i might want to look into having protein shakes to help build me up a little, would you say thats a good idsea or should i just carry on my normal diet and exercise?

BGarcia89

Reaction score
Nah

They won't give you protein shakes in training, so it's probably best not to use them, follow their recommended diet on the website.

Joe

Reaction score
I see drinking a protein shake as similar to eating perhaps, a whole CHICKEN. Therefor can be part of a very balanced diet.

True in RT you wont get protein shake, but what you do get is 4 meals a day...roughly 5000calories a day. Granted your probably doing a *text deleted**text deleted*load more phys.

But if you think you need a boost, give it a go. Can be expensive and you might not notice much of a difference...

Jeckelll

Reaction score
Protein Shakes

Careful there as excess protein can be excreted through urine, so in the absense of adaquate hydration- it can literally be money down the drain!
So plenty of water is needed to absorb the extra protein.
A good way to gauge your hydration is by (sad as it may be) observing the colour of urine, the darker in colour, the less well hydrated you are and the more water you need to drink.

Hope that helps

-James E

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hmm i have alot of problem with not keeping hydrated enough for the amount of exercise i do, i jsut cant be botherd half the time to go get a drink because i hardly ever feel thristy and its really annoying having to pee every half hour, think i'll need to get into the habbit of drinking loads more