Psychometric test date!

Fenix13

Reaction score
Got my psychometric test date today 2nd April at 12.30 cant wait! just want to smash through it and carry on with the process so praying I don't get a fail and a 12 month re-sit to go home with! anyone else got that test date and how are you finding the revision so far?

( it's in Glasgow AFCO )

Harvs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm at Exeter AFCO and I've got mine on the 29th of this month. Revision is going fine so far, been using some practise booklets from the Careers Office, and online too. Should be fine.

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The best advice I can give on the recruit test is to answer all the easy questions first, avoid questions that may require some time to work out.
Remember all questions are of equal value so don't waste time on a tricky one when you could have answered two or more simple ones further on :)

Anon.

Reaction score
Good luck to both of you on your Psychometric tests. I've also got mine on the 29th but at the Luton AFCO, have you two got any decent links to some good revision material by any chance? I've been through all the AFCO booklets and I bought some extra Mechanical Comprehension booklets because I failed on that part last time. Been through it all too many times though starting to answer the practise tests by memory now so it's safe to say I've pretty much exhausted all the revision material I have, relying on Bitesize at the moment. Hope the revision and training is going well lads.

TheGeek

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man, if you *text deleted**text deleted** meet up and go over any you aint sure about, or bounce any questions you might have past me gimme a shout.

Geek

Harvs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck to both of you on your Psychometric tests. I've also got mine on the 29th but at the Luton AFCO, have you two got any decent links to some good revision material by any chance? I've been through all the AFCO booklets and I bought some extra Mechanical Comprehension booklets because I failed on that part last time. Been through it all too many times though starting to answer the practise tests by memory now so it's safe to say I've pretty much exhausted all the revision material I have, relying on Bitesize at the moment. Hope the revision and training is going well lads.

Cheers mate, you too. There's this link that Ninja posted. I think it has some good examples and tests in there.

Fenix13

Reaction score
*text deleted** just bought some books to study with apart from the practice book so can't offer any links but good luck mate hope hope it all goes well for you sounds like your well revised so you should smash it this time!

If i've got any questions for you (Geek) then i'll get in touch for sure, thanks for the help mate!

Anon.

Reaction score
Cheers mate, you too. There's this link that Ninja posted. I think it has some good examples and tests in there.
Thanks for that link mate was really helpful smashed out a few mock tests from there, cheers.

Once again best of luck lads.

Dale.