psychometric test examples

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Recruitment Test

how long is the recruitment test vaild for before i would have to redo it.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What's a psychometric test ?

I don't *text deleted* sound like too much of an idiot but I don't know what one is, I've looked up psychometric on wikipedia but I still don't get it .

Is it just like a personality test , could someone explain... thanks

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It's also known as the 'Recruit Test' it's simple maths, english and mechanical comprehension test to see how well you grade.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
A psychometric test is a way of assessing a person’s ability or personality in a measured and structured way. There are 3 main types of tests: ability, personality and interest. Some tests are used by employers to help them in their recruitment process while other tests can help people with career decision making.

It is common for graduate employers to use psychometric tests as part of their selection process. So essentially the navy version is testing your ability. You are tested in Reasoning, Literacy, Numeracy & Mechanical Comprehension, so that they can check if you are able to do the position you would like to apply for.

Had a good discussion about it with some good pointers here: http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2098

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
Sort of like an IQ test i guess. You get different types - a very simple one would be 'A boat is to water, as car is to what?', rearranging sentences so they make sense that sort of thing. Then you'll get a few mathematical ones as well. I used a friends Nintendo SD (or what ever the thing is called) with the mind game. That helped me get into the rhythm and churn them out quickly.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh right , so what do u have to get to pass etc. Is it kinda like aslong as you're not dumb as *text deleted**text deleted* you pass ?

I was applying for the army a couple years ago and did something like that I think./

roguesniper

Reaction score
i'm a complete muppet and i passed above average score. so it cant be that hard

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The Recruiting test is 4 part multiple choice, 30 questions in each section & you should aim to get a minimum of 50% correct in each of the 4 sections to be assured of a good pass & to leave viable job options in the Navy, should you not make the physical grade as a Royal Marine. If you score less than ten out of 30 in the English or maths sections, it's an automatic fail for any job. The questions aren't hard, but you need to work fast. If you fail it's 12 months for a re-sit, so beware falling at the first hurdle

You get a free practice test booklet from the AFCO which is an excellent guide to what to expect. Online tests are of limited value as it's a paper & pencil test, however a lot of people say the Brain Training games on a DS helped them.

A good book to maybe borrow from a library (harder than the test, but good for practice- IF you feel you need it) is IQ & Psychometric Testing by Phillip Carter another one, believe it or not is the Verbal, Non-Verbal & mathematics sections of 11+ Mixed Papers. It sounds mad but the questions are virtually identical- again it's the timescales that make it difficult. You only have 9 minutes to complete 30 questions in the verbal section, same again in the non-verbal & 16 minutes for the 30 maths questions. Sounds easy- try it!

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thanks *text deleted* looks helpfull

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
found this site today and thought id post it up here incase anyone finds it of any use. i thought it was pretty good especially to do against the clock.
http://www.practicetests.co.uk/Launchtest.asp#

anyone know if these are similar to the ones we get given

They are very similar indeed, a very good find Grimesy- nice one!

Top tip guys, the site is merely used to test out testing systems, so don't put your real ID or email details on the site. You should go through the test as fast as you can to simulate the real thing

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
:O ninja 2 late *text deleted* oh well hopefully they dont try and get my id and coem and rape me :lovey:

Skippy

Reaction score
the idea of brain training on DS and more brain training DS is also a good idea, because not only can you test yourself for the Psycho Test, it's a game built into 1 :D

i personally done my test at my college, before i wanted to join the marines, my college went on a navy trip and then asked if we wanted to do their Psycho Test, i said yeah just to skip a lesson :P couldn't really be arsed with it but came out with top marks in the class, they also then allowed me to use it when i turned up 4 months later wanting to join..... funny how things work out *text deleted*

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mean to sound strange./

But is say if I take these psychometric test is there any chance of them syaing sorry you're of an unfit mind ?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you fail to pass the recruiting test you cannot join, but it has nothing to do with anyone's state of mind, it's simply a test of your intellectual ability to pass Recruit Training.

New Threads