Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Psychometric test

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Ando-2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Ando-2

Ando-2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi there, I’ve seen on here someone say that the psychometric test is very similar to the practice one I have been revising, in what way is it similar? Questions or Answers? Thanks.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The questions are pretty much identical to the real test, with just the values (and therefore answers) altered.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ando-2

Ando-2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Nice one thanks, what revision techniques would you recommend, I’m getting anywhere between 70% and 86% on all tests but if the answers are Alfred is there anything els I can do?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Interestingly the previously restricted Job Eligibility Matrix (JEM) is now in the public domain, so I can tell you that if you are getting 70% correct, you will pass quite comfortably.

The JEM, for those interested, lists all RN/RM jobs, the recruit test scores required, nationality, academic requirement and medical criteria unique to the branch (such as age, visual acuity grade, colour perception, weight, height and hearing)

For those who want to know, it's all here: https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/medi...20160714-chap-7-para-0759-jem-rm-rn-rfa-o.pdf

Be aware this document is updated several times a year, so the website may not always reflect the latest changes.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  5. Ando-2

Ando-2 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I feel like I’m getting that percentage because I’ve done the practice test so much that the answers don’t move, now I’m a little nervous as you’ve said the answers will be altered?

6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Who? :)
    But seriously, take a look at the questions and the answers and figure out the mechanism of the puzzle. Once you've cracked that you won't care if the values are altered.
    Best of luck.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It is a test of intellectual capacity rather than memory recall.

The irony of psychometric testing is that the principle is to "cold test" the individual with no prior preparation, but for some reason, the service has decided to provide practice examples.

Have a read through the FAQ thread about psychometric tests, there's loads of similar ones online: https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/royal-navy-psychometric-test-revision-practice.103006/