Psychometric test

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi new to the forums, great site and very informative.

One thing I couldn't find was what are you expected to wear when going for your Psychometric test? I don't want to turn up and be the odd one out if your meant to be dressed smart. *text deleted*

thanks in advance

LAS920

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A suit mate... If your the odd one out wearing a suit, it'll be for a good reason.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i just wore smart casual clothes, because i was going to college strait after, as long as you dont have rips and stuff in your trousers. nice pair of jeans, decent looking shoes or trainers a nice top and also make sure your jeans aren't half way down your ass you should be alright, they dont judge your apperance to much then just your brain really *text deleted*

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I turned up in jeans and t-shirt. Obviously for the interview was suited up n that.

mr_kiwi1

Reaction score
I went in a suit as I treated the whole application process like I would any other job interview. Myself and one other were the only ones in suits and the navy officer taking us for the test commented that it was good to see some people (us) putting the effort in.

I'd say wear the suit mate, start standing out now as someone who puts in the effort and looks the business rather than your average joe blogs.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
On my test (for my application to re-join) one lad turned up in trainers, jogging bottoms and some chavy shell-suit jacket with the collar turned up - and he wanted to join the Royal Marines.

I was very tempted to tell him to p*text deleted** off and get changed but i held my tongue and the AFCO staff did not seem too bothered.

If he had turned up at CTCRM like that i doubt he would even be allowed through the gate.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
There's actually no hard and fast rule & there will always be those that turn-up for the Recruiting Test in jeans & teeshirt, in fact some of them do at interview, but they are normally "re-briefed" and encouraged to reconsider, possibly at a later date.

Impressions do count. Interestingly the Royal Navy has finally taken a leaf out of the Royal Marines textbook & now briefs (from 04 Feb 2008) all those joining the RN training establishment, HMS Raleigh, must do so in a suit.

Ultimately you will not be turned away from the Recruiting Test if you turn up in your scruff, but you have to ask yourself whether you really want this job and use that question of motivation to gauge whether it's REALLY what you want to do.

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks lads, I think i'll wear my suit, it will at least make a good 1st impression.