psychometric test

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post, just like to start out by saying I think this site is great for people looking for information on the RM and that your all doing a great job helping people.

Anyways here is my problem...The recruitment team came down to my cadet unit so those of us who wanted to join and where at the correct age could sit the psychometric test...so I sit down to do the test feeling confedent as the practice booklet wasnt to hard but I realised it was a lot harder than it looked... I only fully finished one section which was the maths and was wondering if any off you guys who have sat the test felt they had failed or done badly but still passed ?

maybe its just nerves :dontaskme:

Thanks,

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

The top tip is practice, practice, practice against the clock.

Don't consider failure & the options afterwards, just revise & practice against the clock. If you practice & revise you will pass.

Good luck.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i remember when i did the practice booklet, i was doing mechanical chomphrehension, They were quite hard but suprisingly the RT mechanical questions didnt seem as hard in the recruit test.
But ye i felt i had failed because i didnt finish all the maths questions and i was struggling alot on the Big multiplication sums. I still passed though, a borderline pass :)

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

The top tip is practice, practice, practice against the clock.

Don't consider failure & the options afterwards, just revise & practice against the clock. If you practice & revise you will pass.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice Ninja, so whats the mark you need to get on all for sections to pass ?

Mike,

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
And another thing, ninja is right about practicing because going over the questions certainly helped me in knowing what kind of questions to expect because some of the practice questions came up in the real test.

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
And another thing, ninja is right about practicing because going over the questions certainly helped me in knowing what kind of questions to expect because some of the practice questions came up in the real test.
Yea the practice definatly did help, I noticed a lot of the same type of questions but I found the actual test paper allot harder and didnt finish all the questions :\

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
At the moment im still in school, and im extremely bad at maths, I am getting E grades or D grades but other subjects im fine, but for me the maths was hard, long multiplication is tricky and aswell as having 9 mins to do 30 questions really pushes you, i just had to guess the answer in the end.

jtdodd

Reaction score
listen lads do what ninja says. he knows what he is talkin about. had my test on monday. practiced alot.... just practice your speed. don't buy those practice phsycometric test books there alot easier than the test but aslong as you practice your long times divide subtracion and addidtion % and decimal places you should be fine. its not just fluke thing trust me if you dont know what you are doing you won't have a chance in hell!"

Good luck fellas

foggers

Reaction score
I thought I had more time to go and check some of the answers. But I didn't. It's a bit strange because the questions don't really start easy and then get harder. They are a bit mixed so the best thing to do is move onto the next question if you struggle.

headshot

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
had mine yesterday mate. looked like one guy faield as they called him in on hsi own then came * told us we passed. i was really nervy as its like a 12 month wait till you can go again. however i passed and the test didnt seem that hard to me. then again i am fresh out of school so i obviously had some advantage on matsh techniques * stuff

foggers

Reaction score
There were 6 people when I did mine and the called half seperately and the remaining 3 of us went into a room and told we had passed. I overheard something said to the other three and it was something about her not being sure what sort of role she wanted in the Navy. Never been sure if it was only the other 2 and myself who had passed....

Congrats on your pass!