Psychometric Tests

crisss16

Reaction score
Got my Test soon, so what happens before and after test, will i need to learn any corps history now, and is it just a case of you go in and do your test then that's it? Also being realistic should i wear a shirt and tie at this early stages?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Got my Test soon, so what happens before and after test, will i need to learn any corps history now, and is it just a case of you go in and do your test then that's it? Also being realistic should i wear a shirt and tie at this early stages?

I think you just need to learn your corps history for your interview,
but its always good to start early,
and then you're prepared if they do ask you anything.

And most people say you don't need to wear a shirt and tie at this stage,
but I would anyway as turning up looking smart can only be good.

Joe

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
wear a shirt and tie,i did, and i was with a load of navy people when i did mine and most of them did too, might aswell.

Taggart91

Reaction score

Definatly wear a shirt and tie.
Everybody did when i went for my tests.
Except one chav that went in trackies :laugh:
He was such a C*text deleted*K

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Only one person wore at mine, it's not required for the psychometric, and hell guy interviewing me wasnt even there haha.

Its not hard, just revise whats given as examples on this site and you'll find it easy.

Oh and expect to be waiting. Don't think your only there for an hour.

crisss16

Reaction score
Only one person wore at mine, it's not required for the psychometric, and hell guy interviewing me wasnt even there haha.

Its not hard, just revise whats given as examples on this site and you'll find it easy.

hey thanks for the help. What examples are giving. Ive got a book of example questions i got from afco, but if its anything like that it will be pretty easy *text deleted* so hopefully

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
only first quarter are about that difficulty I believe.

http://prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3149&highlight=psychometric

I wrote this on another thread after getting back home from my test:

Reasoning: Pretty easy really, questions scaled from the examples in the booklet, to ones slightly more annoying.. not too bad really if you have a basic understanding or able to breath without help.

Verbal ability: Some fun ones there but nothing that's hard, just weird. Like ocean is to lake as continent is to: and some really odd answers after it, but I'll let you see if you get it

Maths: Biggest bitch of them all. LEARN DIVISION AND MULTIPLICATION and remember BODMAS (go google if you forgot). Majority of the quests are rather simple patterns, percentages and decimals, but there are a few annoying multiplications. Only had two quests to do with stuff like signif figures and what not.

Mech comp: Some odd questions, but overall quite an easy one and just needs common sense.

Yes I passed ;p