psychometric

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
got my psychometric on Wednesdayand im sh1ting it i really dont want to fail but its the test im most scared of...

gibbo

Reaction score
know how ya feel mate, got a letter today telling me i have mine of the 12th november and getting worried already.

Im sure you will be fine mate, just keep calm and you will sail through

panzergrenadier

Reaction score
got my psychometric on Wednesdayand im sh1ting it i really dont want to fail but its the test im most scared of...

Yeah for some reason, even though i've done great on my exams this test made me nervous moreso than my interview and pjft. they really know how to make yóu piss yourself after you've done the test. 12 of us took it, and once we finished we were all sitting in th reception area waiting. then some of the guys were taken out 1 by 1 to be told they failed. luckily i was one of the 2 who passed...(I was the only royal marine applicant, i can imagine some of the more technical jobs have higher pass marks.

It really isn't that hard though, just work fast and at the end if you have enough time go back and double check. Skip the answers you can't answer in the first 10 seconds and come back to them. That's about the best advice I can give you, really isn't one of those tests you can prepare for.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im going to wear smart casual i dont really have a suit or any thing like that all i got is my old school trousers and shirt but i dont think it really matters on your psychometric but for my interview and stuff im gona get a cheap suit from primark or summing :P but im really worried about this test.. every one says its piss but *text deleted* seen aload of posts were there have been like 10 people and only 2 or so have passed i got that how2becom stuff and *text deleted* been fine on all of them but numeracy im averaging about 19 out of 30 im just doing a load of home made math questions and stuff

panzergrenadier

Reaction score
im going to wear smart casual i dont really have a suit or any thing like that all i got is my old school trousers and shirt but i dont think it really matters on your psychometric but for my interview and stuff im gona get a cheap suit from primark or summing :P but im really worried about this test.. every one says its piss but *text deleted* seen aload of posts were there have been like 10 people and only 2 or so have passed i got that how2becom stuff and *text deleted* been fine on all of them but numeracy im averaging about 19 out of 30 im just doing a load of home made math questions and stuff

i went in a pair of jeans and timbies, and a t shirt that was like 3 sizes too big for me. i felt like a right tit, and even got told off at the end of the test *text deleted*.

i'd go in trousers and a shirt if i were you.

and yeah make sure you know how to do long multiplication and division. apart from that just go in confident and you'll smash it.

gibbo

Reaction score
I know there are a few examples in other threads on this site but i mean, what am i epecting, like what type of questions? mines not for a month but still pooing it!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If you fail twice do you get to take it again?

jasejase

Reaction score
I had my test on tuesday and seriously nothing to worry bout guys. To be fair I thought the maths was a bit hard but I was never that good anyway at maths, the rest is just commonsense.

I went in jeans and a polo-top. every1 else was in casual clothes too, and there must have been around 20 or more applicants but there was only 3 of us going for the marines.

Jase

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i aint the brightest tool in the shed my maths really sucks but *text deleted* been revising hard so hopefully ill pass really worried if i dont though dunno what ill do i was thinking of suicide

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i no how you are all feeling. I was the only person out of the bunch of marine aplicants who failed, i was neally in tears when they said i can do my test again next year, it was mostly that they told me i only failed by 3 marks! Im hopefully going to do the test again at the end of november. i found the Maths and english ok it was the mechanicle paper what i failed on.
The best way to pass in my view is to work fast but to a speed your ok with. If you get stuck on a question leave it till you finish that part. They say its only 20-30 seconds a question. So yea it does make you rush..
Good luck anyway.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i no how you are all feeling. I was the only person out of the bunch of marine aplicants who failed, i was neally in tears when they said i can do my test again next year, it was mostly that they told me i only failed by 3 marks! Im hopefully going to do the test again at the end of november. i found the Maths and english ok it was the mechanicle paper what i failed on.
The best way to pass in my view is to work fast but to a speed your ok with. If you get stuck on a question leave it till you finish that part. They say its only 20-30 seconds a question. So yea it does make you rush..
Good luck anyway.

If you fail 2 times, you cant do it again can you?

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No i think you can, you have to double check with someone tho. When i did mine last year. A lad was on his 5th attempt and passed when i was there.
But a girl who applied to be a nurse in the Navy failed for the 3rd time and they told her there is no point in coming back.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got a letter today aswell! for the 3rd November the little booklet that came with it doesn't seem that hard if its like that should be fine. i was wondering about the dress code to... i guess its smart/casual ill give them a bell tomoz:fly:

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, i wore black trousers, shirt and tie to mine and so did everyone else that was there. the recruiting officer complimented us all on dressing smart at the end as well. We all passed too so there's nothing to worry about, but i was really nervous before too *text deleted*.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
So guys can you take the test more then twice. I worried incase i fail again, which i will not but i still need to think, as what to do now etc, like go collage incase.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got a letter today aswell! for the 3rd November the little booklet that came with it doesn't seem that hard if its like that should be fine. i was wondering about the dress code to... i guess its smart/casual ill give them a bell tomoz:fly:

Hi mate. I think it is a bad idea that they issue people that booklet. It is so much easier then the actual test trust me. I got myself too confident that i will pass because i was getting 100% on the booklet.
Good luck with your exam anyway!

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Garry mate, make sure you practice the Maths and the Mechanical ones loads, the more the better. you don't want to have to do what i did and wait 6 bloody months to retake it!

The only tip for while you are in the test is yes work as fast as you can but no so fast that you are not reading the questions properly. ALSO if you do not finish in time as soon as time is called to put down your pens, tick as MANY of the boxes as you can. you don't get marked down for incorrect answers so you may as well just tick as many as possible.

Ross helped my practice for mine and he showed me that the maths ones were not exactly hard questions but were asked in strange ways. so as long as you are familiar with things like Brackets and what they mean then you should be OK.

jasejase

Reaction score
I found that most the maths questions were algerbra (if thats how you spell it). I spent ages revisin fractions *text deleted* were poo at them. turns out i only got 1fraction question! :notrust:

Jase

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
WOO WOO WOOO I DID IT I PASSED *text deleted* man i was sooooooooo worried about this test! pew me and the guy went to a cafe wile he was marking it and we was all like aw man i hope *text deleted* passed but we all did there was 4 of us i was only one going for marines though but man the timing really gets you! on the first set of questions which *text deleted* i found really hard it was the literacy questions i had to just do 5 random answers because i ran out of time but after that i worked fast and the maths and mechanic one was easy o finished both about 1 min before time was up so im happy but at the time i was like nooo *text deleted* failed and as i left i was praying for a pass