psycometric tests

kirky

Reaction score
got my psycometric tests on tusday morning and just wounded what will happen if i fail *text deleted* im not good at maths at all any help pls

J

Jamessly1989

Not sure what would happen if you failed mate, will just have to take them again. To be fair though mate, I believe that you only have to get 50% in the tests, which shouldn't be too bad. Just go in with a bit of confidence.

James

J

Jamessly1989

Yes mate this tuesday. Cant wait :*text deleted*: crack them out then move on!

James

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
The advice I will give is have a go at each question and if if the answer doesnt come to you within a few moment s then move onto the next.You dont get marked down for wrongs answers,so what i did was do the 'easier' questions first then came back to 'harder' ones if I had time.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
As far as I know the maths questions aren't really that hard.

If you have good common sense skills then you will be fine!

Don't over-think anything. Plus, try and think of the answer before looking at the possible answers.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I did well on these tests, but they certainly wernt easy some of it isnt just common sense though its just using your brain a bit! as i said in a previous post on the topic though the thing which makes these hard is the time allocated for the number of questions in the section, not the questions themselves so you *text deleted* blast through and if you find yourself stopping to work something out for more than a few seconds.. move on if it comes to it guess!!

good luck to those who have them soon

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's always worth practising against the clock.

The questions individually aren't all that hard, but time is very tight, you cannot afford to dwell on a question as has been said.

If you fail & aren't in full time education, you will end up having to suspend your application by 12 months.

Good luck to you.

Roddie

Reaction score
I had my psychometrics last week, me, another candidate for the RMC, a RMO and someone for the RN.

The RN applicant failed, and had to come back for more tests in 6 months.

I don't know if this applies for the RM, but it's the same selection process, so I presume so.

Roddie.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was told it was 6th months and for some reason they must think were apes because commandos have the lowest pass mark of 50% i think.

Oh well my Phycometric showed i was Under the average inteligence :P To which i am quite proud of hehe

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You may only undertake a second recruiting test in 6 months if you are in full time education, you can prove it by providing a comfirmatory letter off your tutor to that effect & the Area Recruiting Manager grants permission. If you fulfill those criteria & re-sit in 6 months & again fail, you are probably best reconsidering your future.

Otherwise if you fail the Recruiting test, you are allowed a second attempt in 12 months.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you fail,

you can re-apply in 12 months time.

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i only got 4 gcse and none of them was maths or english.. i got alot of common sense just a bit of a jack the lad in school nd prefered texting my gal then algebra *text deleted* :*text deleted*: but i only did half the maths questions and thoyught id failed but i supposedly done very well so dont worry im sure youll be fine