Pull up bar.

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
alright people.

Was wondering if anyone can reccomend a decent pull up bar, the only place I can do them at the moment is in my garage on one of the beams *text deleted*.
looking for a decent on tht wont break. can go anywhere between door frame or on wall, just looking for sugestions from people who have used them rather thn going to argos n it breaks the first time I put it up *text deleted*

cheers lads

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
there was a post somewhere on here about one that fits on top of door frame and levers against the wall. looked pretty good.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, i've never heard of them breaking. I've had one from Argos for about 7 years up and it's never broken.

It cost about 15 quid at the time though, not sure if it's the same 8 quid one they sell now though.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh do a search theres a few posts on chinup bars etc. I have an argos one and it is solid as, im only 10 stone but i can run at it and jump and swing (a fun way of kicking my door open) and it doesnt even give the slightest movement, its mainly due to the fixing i believe. The newer argos one is pretty much the same but the end fixing is not so sturdy, but i think it can support up at 16 stone, i wouldnt run and jump at it tho.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I got mine from argos and ive had it 4 years, its bin good, very strong.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i used an argos one whilst I was a student, need to go to gym now for pullups sadly.. mother doesnt allow holes in doorframe apparantly haha.

Just remember to get a bit of practise in on thicker beams etc, as you wont be using a little metal bar in prmc I believe?

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
liar you know you'd try... *text deleted*
*text deleted* yeah true i probably would.

When i do pull ups on the bar i keep my thumb on the same side as my fingers, so is not grasped around the bar. This i feel gives a better likeness of pulling up on a beam, still not quite the same.
I use the gym bars when its quiet (*text deleted* i have to jump up like a muppet), or the supported chin ups, but i usally put a weight on the standing platform to take it to the floor so im not being supported. Its a good piece of equipment though for those not used to doing chinups.

M

MTW

yea i have power bar its superb, wrap some towel round the handles tho, they are a bit thin and slippery.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, i've never heard of them breaking. I've had one from Argos for about 7 years up and it's never broken.

It cost about 15 quid at the time though, not sure if it's the same 8 quid one they sell now though.
yea, i got mine from argos bout 4 years ago. u have two brackets with a 2 inch screw holding it in. then fasten the bar in tight.

pepper

Reaction score
yeah i got the powerbar (ebay) very good no problems with it gives you a nice height range you just have to trust it

ninjamej

Reaction score
ite fella i bought my pull up bar from argos 8 quid had it bout two years aint broke and my dad even uses it sometimes and hes massive not fat massive may i add thou i dont wanan get smahsed by him

JOEY

Reaction score
Those powerbars look awesome think i might have to get one of them. As i dont like the normal ones.