pull up bars

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im currently using the argos one and thinking of changing it from my door frame to the entrance to the loft which means i can have a fully strait body at all times, is this ok or should i just get a completely different bar and attactch it somewhere else?

Leedham

Reaction score
entrance to the loft which means i can have a fully strait body at all times
Ive never thought of that before!!
*text deleted* have to do that tonight

Seems like a good idea if your body is straight and you can grip it slightly more than shoulder width apart.

sooty795

Reaction score
i used/ use a variety of different bars, the one from argos like you, the one in the gym which is on a wall bracket, all are good. on the PRMC i did mine on a pull up bar outside, but once in RT and your doing the phys test they set you, you do them on a old style gym bar that comes down from the roof, like the ones you had at school if you get what i mean??????? it was a few yrs ago when i was at ctc tho, my advise use as many differnt ones as you can just for the practise, but the one in the door from argos has always work for me.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thats kool then i have been doing pull ups with me legs bent back and thought that im still pulling the same weight so shouldn't make much difference and i have just chucked my bar into the loft entrance and had a try and can still do just as many as i could in the doorway with my legs bent. but i will have a look into getting a couple more different bars to practice on

greenlid

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the one's that fit in the door, altough having in the entrance to the loft sounds like a good idea. Wanted to have one attached to the outside wall of the house but my mum was not up for that idea!