Pull Up Beam at CTC

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Being a tall fella I have wondered if they raise the beam higher for tall guys during the RMFA so that feet do not touch the ground?

Most of the pull up bars are too low for me at gyms and I have ended up buying and installing my own one at home so that my feet are off the ground with arms fully extended.

Any lads who have experienced or seen how its done on PRMC/POC that could answer my question?

Cheers

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Being a tall fella I have wondered if they raise the beam higher for tall guys during the RMFA so that feet do not touch the ground?

Most of the pull up bars are too low for me at gyms and I have ended up buying and installing my own one at home so that my feet are off the ground with arms fully extended.

Any lads who have experienced or seen how its done on PRMC/POC that could answer my question?

Cheers
alright mate, there was a tall guy on my PRMC & they made him bend his legs but he wasn't allowed to cross his feet. It looked well awkward. But no they don't change the height they wouldn't have time.

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea I expected as much with the strict time frames and all that. Sounds a bit intense! Might have to train and get used to bending my knees!

How did the tall fella fair with the pull ups?

Cheers

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yea I expected as much with the strict time frames and all that. Sounds a bit intense! Might have to train and get used to bending my knees!

How did the tall fella fair with the pull ups?

Cheers
im not 100% but im sure he got 8.

he is on this forum, if you look for 'SeanWilson22' & Private Message him im sure he wil get back to you.

Red Bull

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I do mine off a pull up bar on my doorframe, so I've gotten into the habbit of liftin my legs all the way back to near my bum. Haha. When I drop from mine my knees are about 1 foot from the ground. It's not that awkward.

Was a bit wierd on RMAD though. Everyone else just bent their legs slightly and I had mine all the way back - didn't realise until after, force of habit.