Pull up help

bkp130

Reaction score
ok well im really bad at pullups struggle with 1 or 2 so im wondering what i can do to improve this

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Nothing else for it mate but to practice practice and then practice them some more .... though i believe swimming breast stroke helps!

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
there is another way.... If you go to a gym and have a narrow cable crossover with a pull up bar at the top, you can put the cables right to the top with just the clips, adjust the weight so its not too much help clip to the eyes on the belt (if the gym doesnt have a belt then you cant do it) and this will just help you bang out more as your not pulling up your full body weight, then you can start reducing the weight so you have less of an aid then eventually youll be able to bang them out unaided easily!

State of Mind

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i wasnt doin 3 wen ma brother went into training nd now im smashing 17 in a oner *text deleted*

my secret is purely doing own body exercises such as pressups+tricep-dips etc

however i found the lateral pul-down machines v.useful! If u cant pull *text deleted* own body weight, weigh urself then on the machine set it to a couple of weights below *text deleted* body weight!

E.g. If *text deleted* 70kgs set it to 55 or 60 kgs!

then build *text deleted* way up! Everyone started of where u are bud

SoM