pull ups

nathan

Reaction score
i am new here and for the prmc do the pull ups have to be done in 2 min if you already done 6
thanks

nathanb52

Reaction score
no once you've completed the six then your told to drop off. I have heard of a few prmc's when the pti's let people keep going till they can't do any more which i wish was the case on mine.
nathan

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
hey i can only do one pull up at the moment unfortunatly. i know the way to increase the reps is to keep doing them. but the only problem is how often should i be doing them? and how many should i try to do in one go?.

I was thinking some like 1 set of best possible 3, about 3 - 5 times a day.

advice please?

My maximum pull ups is the 7/8ish mark (depends what ive been doing before)

What I do is 4 pull ups,rest 1 min,do another 4,rest another min etc.

Once ive done 4 sets of pull ups with 4 rests I then 'max out' as i call it by doing as many as I an on the last set (normally about 4 again).However once I can get to 6 on the last 'max out' set I will then change the routine next time I do them,so I will do 5 pull ups,rest a min,5 pull ups etc.Once you can do say 8 on the final set then up the other 4 previosu sets to 6.

Ive used this from when I could barely do any pull ups to the situatuion Im now in where I can do about 7/8 in one go.

So you could do..

1 Pull up,rest 2 mins,1 pull up,rest 2 mins etc the try to more on the final set and once you can do 3 on the final set try upping the previous sets to 2 pul ups.

Im not saying this the THE way to do it but it works for me.I do this routine 3 times a week along with my othe upper body stuff which uses a similar format