Pull up's

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey up all,

Just purchased the greatest thing ever! I can successfully do 6 Pull up's but wanted a few more and have been getting really slow progress on them. I can do around 8-10 in one set and in around 3-4 weeks of purchasing it I've gone up to 14.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/products/accessories/dipping-belt/

You can use it for Over-arm or Under-arm pull up's and Tricep dips.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Fair play.

I started being able to do 2, so just did 3 sets of them, once or twice a week.
Now i can now do 14 as well - want to get to 20, but its *text deleted* be tough.

That belt looks good and your pull-ups are improving so money well spent.
At the moment if i want to do weighted pull-ups i just use my old school bag with a weight in. That works alright for push-ups as well.

atb

djcid

Reaction score
have sumthing like that at the gym i go to, however is a bit more basic.....

a strap with two clips on the end. just stik a 20kg weight on and dip your heart out.

if u have a pull up bar at the gym you use and they have a assist pad to stand on or kneel on do *text deleted* maximum without the weight then do another set with a bit of help then another set with more help then a finisher set with a bit more weight.... (drop sets) two of these garantees to get *text deleted* arms and back burning. good for increasing your maximum. has helped mine.

total pull ups to be reanounced.

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm working out with an extra 22kg on there at the moment, with me weighing in at 78kg it just puts me upto 100kg. I can almost do 3 set's of 5 so wont be long till I knock it up over the 100kg mark.

RC

Reaction score
If you are wanting to add weight to pull-ups / dips without buying a belt, you can place a dumbbell between your knee's and cross your legs - works fine for me.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Or just do what I do... put on a rucksack with a couple of weight in.
Those dips belts are good though.

djcid

Reaction score
If you are wanting to add weight to pull-ups / dips without buying a belt, you can place a dumbbell between your knee's and cross your legs - works fine for me.
cheap as chips.

all good and same result.