Pull ups

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a pull up bar, does anyone have any ideas of common things I can use to practice pull ups?

Or is my only option to stop being a stingy bastard and nipping into argos?

Watson

Reaction score
A playground with climbing frames is always useful if you go past on one while your running.
Failing that i'v managed to put stick some old step ladders in my garden tree :*text deleted*:

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Go swimming and use breast stroke alot. Works all the right muscles.

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I go swimming once or twice a week, and do plenty of breaststroke, is this enough?

I just dont' want to go into PRMC if I get that far without practicing them.

There is actually a playpark I could run past in the mornings, I might give that a shot Watson, thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Remember when doing pull-ups, thumbs out (not around bar), legs together, don't swing, back of hands facing you.

Jas

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sjuggins said:
I had the same problem. I did make a pullup bar that I could use in my loft hatch but it was a pain as I had to keep opening the loft to do my pullups. So I did some research and got a Powerbar, it just fits over any doorframe and works brilliantly, so much better that the ones from Argos :-

http://www.ukfitnesssupplies.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/UKFitnessSuppliesLtd/POWERBAR

I wouldn't trust that :? Especially due to the fact I've just replaced the door frames in my house :*text deleted*:

sjuggins

Reaction score
Jas said:
I wouldn't trust that :? Especially due to the fact I've just replaced the door frames in my house :*text deleted*:

Haha :*text deleted*:

But seriously, it doesn't rely on the architrave around the door frame to hold your weight, just to keep it steady. When you hang from the bar it exerts pressure onto the other bar which is resting against the front of the architrave in front of you. It's hard to explain but it does work without any problems. I gutted and replaced all of the doors, frames and architrave in my house when I purchased it this year and it's fine.

Have a look at their website, it shows how you put the bar in place :-

http://www.chinups.co.uk/